News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Steve's new toy ( Jinma X195DN )

Started by Apogee, April 24, 2010, 09:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billswan

Quote from: Apogee on May 09, 2010, 07:44:37 PM
PS - I did manage to get the injector unstuck and it now rotates side to side.  Is there some trick to removing it?  I tried prying it out and it didn't want to budge.  I didn't want to chance breaking something without asking...  What is holding it in, hardened o-rings?  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks!

If you got it to move side to side, just keep oiling it many times per day with your favorite penetrating oil and keep working it. You have time on your side as it is not needed to be fixed today. It will slide out eventually. Rust is holding it.

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

mobile_bob

if  you haven't put oil or some other petro based stuff in there, try this

mix a few drops of dishwashing soap into a bottle of of water, this will lower the surface tension
then dribble this around the injector, and keep wiggling, the water will soften the rust and it will come out
fairly quickly.

same goes for the piston and liner, just tip the engine up and wet the rust with the mix
scrape it with a single edge razer and gently work the flywheel back and forth by hand
before long the rust will soften and the piston will move.

if the liner was made of virgin cast iron (which it might well be) the rust may not be very deep, or rather the pits
might no be very deep, and may be low enough in the bore so that it won't effect operation of the engine using the liner
and piston.

its worth a try

bob g

Lloyd

bob,

you're the 2nd old school mech...that I heard advise water/soap, as an rustdeseizer...also i know from much rust experience(old marine guy)...that a few drops of phosphoric acid..will melt all sort of rusted frozen "STEEL" ...just liberally apply before bed, wake in the morn......... have a slow cup or 2 of coffee...go to the shop give a quick tap. and wala

lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

kbud

Resurrection  ;D

If the OP is still around, did you ever get anywhere with this project? I ask because I've bought a similar setup using the same gen head, but different engine. Am I correct in assuming "China Diesel" is now Hardy Diesel? Here's a pic of my engine, when I get it running correctly, I'll start my own thread on the package. It is also a convection cooled radiator setup, but in a vertical piston.
Thanks, Kyle

Henry W

I know that engine very well. In 1992 there was an importer in Connecticut that used to sell those engines. The brand name was Iron-Ox. My friend in Connecticut had one for the longest time and he did not have a bit of problems with it. They are a very nice running engine they are still marketed as a premium engine in china.

I beleive I still have a contact that can probably set you up with parts.

Henry

Henry W

I found the onfo about these engines in my emails dated back to 2010. More on this later

kbud

Any info would be appreciated. Also, let me know if we should continue this discussion here or if I should start a seperate thread. Thanks, Kyle

kbud

I've not been able to locate any info using the Iron-Ox name. Any other leads you might have? Thanks, Kyle

Ronmar

Quote from: hwew on March 13, 2012, 04:09:57 PM
I know that engine very well. In 1992 there was an importer in Connecticut that used to sell those engines. The brand name was Iron-Ox. My friend in Connecticut had one for the longest time and he did not have a bit of problems with it. They are a very nice running engine they are still marketed as a premium engine in china.

I beleive I still have a contact that can probably set you up with parts.

Henry

I sure like that machine...  I wonder if they sell an "air compressor" we could import?
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

Henry W

Here are some contacts.

E-MAIL:  guozengyao@gmail.com
MSN:      flyingeagle8174@hotmail.com

Henry