News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

I want one of these!!!

Started by Henry W, October 14, 2009, 07:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

I just ran onto this. It must be one efficient outboard. I know it is not made for our purpose but it is a Changfa type diesel. I can't think of a better way to show off the little R175 Diesel. I wonder how much this outboard can push.

Henry

veggie

Henry,

I love it !

I have been looking for a diesel outboard (or small inboard) for a small boat I'm getting.
That Changfa would be ideal for me.
If anyone knows where I can get one....let me know.

Henry, please post the site address where you found this.

Cheers,
Veggie

Henry W

veggie

I bet a person has to order 20 of these to make the shipment worthwhile for the manufacturer.
Nice little gem. Too bad they're so far away.   >:(

Veggie

veggie

Oh well ! I guess I'll have to settle for dropping my Listeroid 6/1 into a boat.

Like this guy........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3UWudYxJo

Cheers,
Veggie  ;D

Henry W

Wow,

I hope he has lots of ballest. It seems like it could be a little top heavy.

An R175 would work good in somthing like what he has.

It sure is an nice displacement hull boat that he has.

Henry

Henry W

Quote from: veggie on October 14, 2009, 09:10:19 PM
I bet a person has to order 20 of these to make the shipment worthwhile for the manufacturer.
Nice little gem. Too bad they're so far away.   >:(

Veggie

You never know,

Email them.

Are you close to canada?

Henry

cognos

Very cool... but 4 HP in a 105 kg package????!!! I hope there's something wrong with that spec! That's 231 pounds! I don't think it will fit on the canoe... ;D

I have a 1952 3HP Evinrude Lightwin I rebuilt a few years ago - it weighs 31 pounds!

veggie

Henry,

I am in Canada, do you think that would make a difference?

Veggie

Henry W

Hello Cognos,

It would be used as a pusher for displacement hulls. I had 4 hp British Seagull and it was designed to be used as a pusher for displacement hulls. The gearing is different on pusher engines compaired to engines used for getting plaining hulls out of the water. The British Seagull was had more pushing ability than my 8 hp yamaha.

I guess they would use them on fishing boats and barges.

Yea at 231 pounds it would be too heavy for most of our boats here in the US and Canada.

But it is still cool. I guess if I could get one it would work fine no a barge made out of logs lashed together :D

Henry W

Hello Veggie,

My guess the cost would probably be to much to import to Canada. Unless you are willing to shell out the bucks for shipping. By the time your done you can have a nice 4 stroke outboard set up with everything you need for your boat. Including an engine that is designed to push.

Yanmar used to import diesel outboards in the US but they were HEAVY and cost to much.

Don"t you have leaner laws in Canada? I thought it would be ok to import things like that engine north of us.

A small tug would be cool. What size are you thinking of?

Henry

mobile_bob

Henry:

veggie already has the perfect engine for a barge, his 6/1!!!
he can just strap it down, take it out to sea, and pull the bilge plug!!!

hahaha

:)

bob g

hey veggie, remember to wear a life jacket

veggie

OK Bob,

In case you didn't notice, I had changed my Icon back to a Changfa just for you!
But after that remark you left me no choice.....LISTER  >:(

You are now on probation with the Changfa section.
Only by sending a complete 195 gasket set (c/w new piston rings) to all Changfa owning members can you redeem youself. ;D

Veggie

Henry W

Hey Veggie,

Were not the ones that jumped ship and decided to go to the dark side. :o The the S195 will absolutly destroy a 6/1 in a flat out barge drag race ;D The 6/1 has little peanuts compaired to the balls of an S195. One thing for sure you have one great anchor  ;D

Henry

veggie

Hey ! .....two against one ! No fair.......

Henry, aren't you the one who went and bought a CAT? Where's your loyalty to Changfa? ;)
( oh yes...and don't forget your Fairbanks Morse???)

Can we assume you will be dumping the CAT and the Fairbanks?   ;)

Veggie