Main Menu

Changfa in a dump truck

Started by M61hops, August 11, 2010, 06:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Found the Changfa Truck videos....

mobile_bob

the ultimate mad max farm truck!

somehow i can't quit smiling looking at what they get done with those things.

my dad, now long retired has built over a dozen tractors, bucket loaders, trenchers, backhoes and a track unit that are all powered
by 8 to 30hp gas engine's, all look like something that the chinese farmer would enjoy.

folks make a lot of fun of his stuff too, until they stand back and notice that even though they are small, they move a hell of a lot more than a man can with a shovel and a wheel barrel.

it don't take much of a digger to out dig my tired old ass.

bob g

Shipo

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

Henry W

Check this out!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91lWYvwfaXI&feature=player_embedded

An S series engine in a tractor!!! How cool is that.

Henry

mobile_bob

obviously the chinese can also build trucks

real trucks, that are capable of doing real transport, over some tough terrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDeJJUqx-tA&feature=fvw

bob g

Henry W

They look like pretty stout trucks. To bad we can't see what one of those are put together with.

Henry

LincTex

Quote from: hwew on November 12, 2010, 02:24:50 PM
Check this out!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91lWYvwfaXI&feature=player_embedded

An S series engine in a tractor!!! How cool is that.

The second tractor (starting at 00:05) is the exact same tractor I have. It runs a Chang Chai ZS1110.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

vdubnut62

Here is more along the line of the type of Changfa powered truck I think was meant........
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

M61hops

Yes vdubnut62, you are correct.  But the chassis was even bigger like maybe the size of a F450 or at most an F600.  If I see a you tube of it I'll post it but I hope you guys will keep posting whatever vidios of cool little trucks like these you come across!    Thanks.... Leland

LowGear

Nice truck Ron,

Almost as good as converting to diesel or what ever oily crap they can find in a bucket they've also cured the rust problem that plagues American steel in the tropics.  I'm kind of sorry I sold Beauford (Beautiful Ford) now that I see what can be done with these units in less restrictive places.  Can you imagine tooling up to Starbucks in this unit?

Casey

lowspeedlife

looks like they just took the heads off & belted the changfa to the crankshaft balancer pulley. leave some oil in the crankcase & you have an emergency fuel supply ???

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

veggie

Notice the fuel knob (it's still there).
No throttle linkage or speed control.
Wherever you set the knob is your fixed speed for the trip.

veggie

vdubnut62

Yes, I think the rods & pistons were removed. A plate was bolted on to cover the cylinders and belt drive to the old ford V-8 crankshaft.
On the throttle thing, 12 mph was claimed for terminal velocity, using the trucks clutch and tranny, when you cog her down into double low ( I don't know why it's called double low in TN, just what I've heard all my life) I imagine a turtle would have little trouble getting out of the way. And I would think you would need all the available hp out of the 195, thus run it at the peak of torque and hp.
From just looking , I don't think the rust problem was solved either.  ;D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

squarebob

Calling it Double Low makes sense. When and where I grew up they called it granny gear or creeper. That makes sense too!!

Bob
GM90 6/1, 7.5 ST head, 150 Amp 24V Leece Neville, Delco 10si
Petter AA1 3.5 HP, 75 Amp 24V Leece Neville
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI, Average 39.1 MPG

LowGear

Hi Ron,

They sure got rid of the hood rot that plauged Beauford.  And a tarp I mean "tropical garage" would arrest most of the other creep.

That blanking off the block is wonderful.  You know it would be really nice to put a Lister in line on top of the block and do the same thing.  It'd look like a gigantic blower.

What a mind opening site.

Casey