News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Lovson air compressor

Started by playdiesel, June 30, 2010, 07:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playdiesel

Has anyone checked into the Lovson Air compressor based upon the 6/1? Was curious about pricing.
Link to it: http://www.slowspeedengine.com/air_commpressor.html
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

mike90045

now if there was a GM90 version, I've be very tempted. :)

Henry W

I believe it is a GM-90 version.

Henry

mike90045

I thought only sya-jet made the GM90, or are they all doing it ?   And conversion to engine just needs fuel system, new cam w/governor ?

Henry W

More manufactures are starting to make a GM-90. I guess they finally figured out they are pretty good after all :).

Henry

Crofter

Is Satyajeet not the principal maker of the castings and parts? They seem to claim more along this line on their website. Maybe Lovson is a rebadger or perhaps an assembler? Satyajeet also sells a standard listeroid clone but do they assemble it themselves or forward units from someone else?

For a compressor the GM/90 type or standard size listeroid would only need to leave off the injector pump and swap on a compressor head. The GM/90 type could also leave the whole camshaft and timing gears off since the lube pump is crankshaft driven.

Has anyone messed with them enough to know whether they have cured the idler gear and excess gear lash problem?
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

Henry W

Veggie might know the answer who does the castings and major parts for the GM-90 manufactures.

About idler gears, GM-90's do not have problems like the Listeroids. The gears have finer and wider cut teeth. I have not heard of one failing. Mike Monteth sold at least a couple hundred and I ask him that question less than a month ago.

When I looked in the GM-90 I had I noticed the differance of the gears. And all I can say is they look much better than a listeroid setup. Yes they have much less gear lash. The reason is the finer cut gears and there is more tooth contact.

Henry

veggie

Yes, Satyajeet is the mfr. of the GM90.
However, I think it's Lovson (who also sell the GM90) that inovated and converted it to a compressor.
Satyajeet does not offer the compressor as far as I know.

veggie

playdiesel

So if I imported like 10 air compressors I could sell them to my compressor-less diesel friends you think? The GM-90 on Ebay brought over 2K yesterday. Does a person simply contact the Indian Companys via Email and say Hey I wanna buy some compressors? I am old school seems like a funky way to do business across oceans.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

playdiesel

I think this is Lovson's version of the mini, model LG . Too bad we canna get.
http://www.slowspeedengine.com/engines_lg.htm
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

mike90045

Quote from: Crofter on June 30, 2010, 04:52:57 PM
For a compressor the GM/90 type or standard size listeroid would only need to leave off the injector pump and swap on a compressor head. The GM/90 type could also leave the whole camshaft and timing gears off since the lube pump is crankshaft driven.

Yikes, if I ever needed to use the compressor to burn diesel, I'd have to install all that, instead of just a fuel pump.  Do the leave the injector in as a plug?

Crofter

The kit of parts to convert the compressor to an engine seemed quite pricey but it did not include a detailed list. Purely an assumption but the head most likely should be multiple reed or flap valves and the head assembly is the heart of what makes it a compressor. If they were converting an existing engine they might not physically remove the camshaft and gear train, but a ground up assembly as a dedicated compressor could be minus a lot of parts essential to make it into an engine. I wouldnt buy a sea container of compressors without being sure; even if some of the first conversions had all their internals intact, the next rendition might not!
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

Henry W

There are no reeds in the Lovson air compressor. It has regular valves. :)

playdiesel

Quote from them today, prices are each, quantity of ten. Parts kit for conversion wasnt asked for but quoted, LOL

AIR COMPRESSOR .
RATE  : US$820.00 PER UNIT FOB INDIAN PORT

COST OF kit to rebuild it as engine
RATE    : US$140.00 PER KIT FOB INDIAN PORT

COMPLETE KIT CONSIST OF FOLLOWING:

QTY         ITEM(s)

1 NO      WATER PIPE ELBOW SET
    1 NO     GOVERNOR SPRING SET
    1 NO     FLYWHEEL KEY
    1 NO     TOOL KIT (SPANNER SET ONLY)
    1 NO      FUEL PUMP
    1 NO      NOZZLE
    1 SET     IDLER GEAR set  (PIN,NUT,STUD & WASHER)
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

Henry W

There you go.

And Lovson also throws in a CD that shows how to do the conversion.