News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

can they swim?

Started by playdiesel, May 11, 2010, 06:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playdiesel

I waited for a week after the scheduled delivery day to check on that status of my 5 an 15 KW ST gennys. If it works this is a pic of the warehouse in Nashville where they currently are serving submarine duty. Tom at GG is on top of it, as I told him, it's one of those deals where all involved will likely lose. Actualy the are not sure where they are, some freight was removed and taken to high ground by Mialn before they were run out of the area by the police, hopefully my gen heads were among the lucky

Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

JohnF

Now THAT'S ugly!  Guess it is a big mess down there...
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

rcavictim

If you purchased insurance on the shipment at replacement value with the freight company both you and Tom are covered.  I got insurance on my recent order from Tom.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

playdiesel

Not sure how that works RCA but I guess I am about to find out. My understanding is upon taking possession of them at the shipper the freight outfit accepts responsibility for the condition of them until which time they have been signed for as delivered in good shape which they obviously cannot do. Tom at Georgia Gen has to deal with the freight outfit since he was the shipper. I have no doubt that at some point I will have two generators at my dock. The unknown is how long it will take for them to settle so another pair can be sent out, if it drags that is where I will have to step in after all, I am the one who is out, everyone else has been paid.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

vdubnut62

Playdiesel, you have the right to refuse the heads upon delivery. They will then contact Tom and work something out with him.
Make SURE that you inspect the crates carefully for signs of moisture, from my being in that line of work, the freight company may possibly will try to
deliver and get you to sign the bill of lading. If you do not note water damage on the bill, and if you sign a clear delivery, you probably are screwed if they have been wet. Damage is called an exception in freight-ese. If you note an exception on the bill of  lading, you have 9 months to file a claim, if I understand correctly.
If they are water damaged the freight company is liable for the merchandise, not you or Tom.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

JohnF

Included insurance on freight is $2/lb, it is usually enough to cover things like engines and genheads.  Anything extra you have to ask for but not needed - some trucking companies will tell you you "need" to buy extra insurance...
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

Randybee1

What I 'm wondering is this: Let's say the generators are trashed. What happens to them? The insurance will pay someone, so what happens to the "trashed" units?  I suspect they get tossed. Somebody might get a fantastic deal if they could somehow "save" the units before they get tossed into the trash!
Randy B.. if I could swim, I'd go down there and "help" them!

vdubnut62

The freight companies are pretty much self insured, the losses due to damage is figured into the operating ratio. I don't know specifically about Milan, but most freight companies, including the one that I work for,  have  an outlet store where they try to recoup part of the loss. Our's is somewhere in NC, the now defunct Service transport had it's outlet store here near the home office too, so I'm guessing somewhere close to Milan,TN. for Milan freight lines.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mike90045

Any chance the freight company would pull a fast one, and build a new crate / paint over water damage ?   At least take a photo at delivery.

playdiesel

The bad news is that Milan cant even find the heads now. The good news is Tom is shipping out two new heads this morning on HIS dime while he fights with Milan Express. Now that is service folks! I sure am glad I found this site BEFORE I started my generator projects. Georgia Generator has a customer for life in me http://www.centralgagenerator.com/
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

vdubnut62

Maybe they need a better diver ::). Go ahead , cuss me, I deserve it.
Tom shipped my head with Southeastern, and boy did I get a ribbing at work !  I wonder why Milan now?
Ron

veggie

Watch for a flood (no pun intended) of goods like this appearing on Ebay over the next few months.
People buy up liquidated and flood damaged goods at pennies on the dollar and then try to flog them to innocent purchasers.

veggie