News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

How are we doing here??

Started by admin, February 27, 2010, 03:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

I figure it is time to ask the membership how we are doing here?

What changes would you guys like to see?

Any additions? 

How can we be better?

Its been a bit over 5 months since this place got its start, we are pushing close to 8000 posts, got a good solid
and diverse membership and seem to have a broad range of topics being discussed.

It would appear that we are doing something right, by "we" i mean the membership, because without the members
this place would be nothing.

So here is your chance to vent if you are PO'd about anything, or offer some idea's on a direction you would like to see
us take, and basically put your 2 cents in.

Its been a while since i told you guys thanks, so here goes

"Thank you all for all your effort, experience and time you have devoted to making this place what it is"

admin

Dail R H

FWIW, I'm happy as a clam!!

rl71459

Yes... I am "Clam" Happy! also.

But seriously... I am very pleased.  ;D

Rob

mobile_bob

fwiw, i am a happy camper here,  however

i wish some of our members that lurk, would chime in and make an intro
tell us a it about yourselves and your projects, either real or planned.

and for all you guests out there, come on sign up!

we won't bite, nobody will think less of you, and if they do you probably ought not to be associated with
them anyway.

:)

bob g

cognos

I think it's a great place to learn - I know I have learned a lot.

SteveU.

Good site. Good tone. Very diverse practical alt energy discussions for personal use- the best on the web I have yet seen.
I find myself recommending people here more and more often for the real world outlook by the highest concentration of actual doers.

Regards
Washington State SteveU.
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

rcavictim

We have some really talented people here willing to share.  I like the sense of community.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

mike90045

mkdutchman

I like it here, it's really nice to be able to access the knowledge, info, and just generally real life practical solutions to things  :)

One minor technical issue - when clicking on the "show all unread posts" the software gets confused and says "you have no unread messages"  ???
2 Metro 6/1s running off grid, charging a 48v battery bank, for primary power and CHP
3 Outback 1548 1500W inverters in a 3phase layout
1 Samlex 1500W inverter for 110AC

vdubnut62

I have never before had the opportunity to interact with such a large group of exceptionally intelligent people that are not afraid to get their hands dirty. The group is very willing to help with advice coming from personal success and failure. It's great to have a large base of experience to draw from. Sometimes a hard act to follow for an ol' country boy!
I do however sometimes have an issue with the unread posts that they do not come up.
Thanks to all for a good decent place to hang out!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Tug

I think we could use a random picture thread...
Somewhere to post pictures we find interesting or funny..
Be easier then starting a new topic for each picture and make finding the pictures easier as well...
Cheers
Tug

wiebe

Quote from: mobile_bob on February 27, 2010, 04:30:54 PM
fwiw, i am a happy camper here,  however

i wish some of our members that lurk, would chime in and make an intro
tell us a it about yourselves and your projects, either real or planned.

and for all you guests out there, come on sign up!

we won't bite, nobody will think less of you, and if they do you probably ought not to be associated with
them anyway.

bob g

Wel bob my name is wiebe,from the netherlands [holland].
and i have one working kubota knd3 and one in parts[bad cilinder and rings].
and i am trying to get a gen head from a honda em2200?? to work on the kubota.
the diffilculty is that the gen head needs to get a 60volts to work,normal the honda engin did that.
and i am triying to get the rust out of the hopper .
greetings wiebe.
kubota knd3

mobile_bob

Welcome Wiebe!

wow, we got a member from the netherlands, thats cool!

bob g

SHIPCHIEF

Bob and All;
Sorry I've been off doing other things.
I still have my Listeroid 25/2 and 10Kw gen for back up power at the house...just no power failures lately to brag about!
I'm building a hangar on some airpark property, which I think will be powered by my Lister SR2 package and a Onan on a cart. I don't live there and don't want to pay for electrical hookup and monthly fees.
The roof will favor the sun, so solar panels and charge controller-inverter might be in the future.
Keep pluggin' away with the site. I think you are moving right up to the top-!
I'm still building my airplane project too, but Listers are a bit too heavy for this.
Scott