News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

here is a nice pump for water or lube

Started by mobile_bob, January 24, 2010, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

on ebay a nice pump 12 or 24volt dc,  looks to be nice quality and can to coolant or even be used
as a lube oil prelube or backup lube pump for our engines.

because of the automated startup of my system, followed by the load coming on quickly, i am going to use
one of the two i purchased to do the prelube thing and also use a pressure switch to activate it should the
engine's internal pump fail.

don't know if oem pump failures are common, but prelube is generally always beneficial to an engine.

looking forward to getting them delivered and will do a product report soon afterward if anyone want to know more about this pump.

bob g

Henry W

Bob that looks like a nice pump. It would be an nice one to prelube an engine. It seems very well built.

Henry

mobile_bob

got a pair of these pumps in over the weekend, wow what a nice find.

they look to be aviation or military equipment surplus, as they have military plugs for the dc input

very well built, nicely sealed units.

i am thinking a prelube system for the trigenerator is in order for one of them, because of the autostart
function and the fact the engine will be started infrequently and brought up to full throttle almost immediately
a prelube pump being triggered on before startup might be very welcome to an engine on dry startup.

bob g