News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Lister VA

Started by potter, December 22, 2009, 01:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter

Just a few pictures of my Lister VA it was on its way to the dump when I rescued it, but was to far gone to save. Internal parts in good shape so I saved everything.

Chris

Hey Potter,

That VA looks alot worse than the one I saved. How are the flywheels? Mine are a bit loose and I will have to do something about them. Who do you feel about parting with them?

Chris
Schooner Bay
Abaco

potter

You are welcome to them if you can get them off the engine, I never tried the keys are rusted off and would have to be drilled out. I had to do this with my CS

Potter

potter

Rom

Wow,

That is a rough looking bit of kit. I'd probably cut the crank close to the hub n drill the shaft directly to weaken it enough to knock it out. Easier said than done... lol.

Rom
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.

potter

;D Yeah this went under in salt water since Floyd (99) and then just sat in the weather ever since.

Potter

Chris

Potter thanks for the info. Looks like more work than I have time for right now, but thanks for the offer.

Where are you in Hopetown?

Rom, you had mentioned a possible parts order from Atual. Are you still considering?

I would be interested in a new crank and bearings bush, style a piston and rings and maybe some other items

Merry Xmas to all

Chris

Rom

No doubt Chris,

I am putting a parts list together as we speak. A couple single cylinder bush-type cranks, bush main bearings, a couple alloy piston sets and rings, and more conrod bearings.

If you think of anything else, just post it.

Rom
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.

Chris

Your requirements and mine look about the same. How about some of the felt seals? I wonder if Ataul can source  VA cylinder liners? I have a bunch of worn liners that could be lined, if I could find some one to do at a reasonable price. CJ's stung me for $175 to replace a bearing on my Lima generator. Just pull off the old one and push on a new one. They did supply the bearing and had the equipement to do it.

Merry Xmas,

Chris

Rom

I do have a stack of felt seals in stock here. Mr Patel also supplies them in the gasket kits for the RA Lister 8/1s aswell. I also have 2 pairs of main bearing housings that are bush-type but have oil seals rather than felt seals. I thought it would be an interesting project to refit the Dursley engines with them. One has been converted, but hasnt been started yet.

As for the liners, I have been talking to a few people on having them bored and lined. Waiting on pricing and such atm. Will run it by Mr Patel when I speak with him again.

Rom

potter

Hi Chris if you get desperate they will still be here, I am in white sound.They may clean up better than you think my CS was not much better.Two shots before and one after ;D

Potter

Chris

Potter nice job. I may have time between now and new years to get over to Hopetown and take a look and start spaying the flywheels down with wd40, blaster, or what ever to start breaking down the rust. January is going to be a no go as I have to go back and forth to Nassau to the eye doctor and have eye surgery. email me your phone number and I will give you a call. croberts.bahamasrealty@gmail.com

I have some before and after photo shots of my VA and the moving process off of Channel Cay. Just need to find them.

Rom let me know what you find out about the liners. If Atual can find them, new ones may be cheaper than installing insert liners. 8/1 cylinders are reasonable. I would be interested in a set of the felt seals and ordering new bearing housings with the rubber seals as well. FYI I also have some VA cylinder heads. The would probably need new valve guides and valve seats cut and installed. Don't know where or who.

Best regards to both of you.

Chris

Rom

Chris

I have valves and guides. Course the only place I know to get the seats done of course is CJs... we had a VA head done by him over here a couple months ago, only thing is that he didnt recess the exhaust valve enough for proper decompression, so you have to get him that number aswell. I'll see if I can find out what he charged for such a job, but I would think he would have to be cheap on head work, cause most heads I seen in that place would be cheaper replaced if he wasnt.

Rom

Chris

Rom,

Thanks for info. Where are you on MOW?

Regards
Chris

Rom

Chris,

North outta the settlement, a lil ways passed the dump road, same building as Doctor Cove's office.

Rom