News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Redstone Project???

Started by Apogee, November 24, 2009, 08:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apogee

I also just posted something similar on the LEF but wasn't sure who was where recently...

Just curious what the status of the Redstone project is?

Is Joel still selling them here in the States?

John, are you planning another order of them?

What's the scoop?

It would be too bad if this project went away as the engines looked to have lots of potential.

Please update.

Thanks,

Steve

WGB

I have been interested too!
I talked to John and Joel over a year ago and was really ready to pull the trigger.
Then a Listeroid deal came up I couldn't pass up.
How are the ones in the field doing guys?
I would still like a Redstone!

JohnF

Both Joel and I are sold out of Redstones.  I am looking at bringing in more but right now am in the process of ordering a container load of Listers - 6/1's and 12/2's.  When that is out of the way I cn look a t the Redstones again but there is a bit of a problem.  Joel feels he cannot get any more into the U.S. due to EPA issues and the factory wants an order of 30-40 engines before they will tool up the production line.  That's a few more than I want to invest in right now so I'm looking around for another alternative.  Soon as I can find something I'll post.
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

Randybee1

Oh com' on John, just buy the lot. I'll buy a couple from you for $100.00 a piece... no questions asked! ;)
Randy B

BioDBilly

For what it's worth....  I have a Redstone that will be the basis for a multi function platform.  It will power a 12 KW ST head, flour mill, water treatment and 2-3 ton seed press on a military style (skid-able, fork lift accessible) frame.  I'm still looking at Moblie Bob's alternator application.  Other design issues are the 12v leg of his design, the SVO/Bio diesel/dino diesel fuel system and certain components for oilseed treatment.

The project will serve a large off grid shop, office, kitchen, restrooms/showers and dorm. A Bergey 1KW windturbine and solar panels will feed the battery/inverter.  If successful, the system will be duplicated overseas with grant money from an organization interested in establishing "food security" programs.  In that setting, it will serve as a village services and jobs provider.

I'm between California and Montana right now and expect to begin construction on the unit late this winter.  I'm doing 3 other designs, all far less involved, for a bunk house, residence and guest house.

Will C

(BioDBilly)
Redstone & 12 KW ST, Jkson 6/1 & 5 KW ST, R175 Changfa, 4 HP China diesel, 193X Hercules Diesel out of an old Cletrac, '46 Ford 2N, '61 Galion 160 motor grader, '64 Chev C-60, '68 Early Bronco waiting for a Cummins 4BT and some newer stuff that isn't nearly so exciting!