News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Changfa gen set on EPAY

Started by dmarkh, September 11, 2015, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmarkh

A friend of mine has seen my gen set (1115 / ST10) and is interested in doing something similar. He finds this on EPAY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-10000W-10Kw-Diesel-Powered-Generator-Free-Ship-to-WorldWide-/371255388504#shpCntId

I told him that the Changfa has been banned by the EPA and that I was not sure this was legit. Is it possible this could be real? He's contacted the seller and the seller says he has no problems getting these things into to USA. Says he can configure it however wanted. (ie an st15 instead of an st10) Short of something like this, is there somewhere in the states to still get something like this? I know I can still get ST heads, but a Changfa 1115?

It's been a while since I've been here but my gen set is working perfectly after all your help. I do still owe pictures too.

Mark

Tom Reed

Well if it gets through customs he might be ok. Lots of extra fees to be paid to get it through the port and delivered. It's setup for 240v 50hz operation. It may or may not be easy to switch to 60hz 120/240.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

mobile_bob

i am fairly certain the seller is ligit, however

shipping from china? 

that means getting past customs, and that likely is not going to happen given the epa position on these engines

you might get lucky and get one past the customs guys, but if you don't? then what?   

you are out your money? and possibly the cost to have the thing destroyed and disposed of? or pay to have it shipped back
(after you first pay the customs folks for their trouble, and the longshoreman  for handling on and off the ship) and then wait to
get a refund?

better to keep looking for one already here in the states in my opinion, they come up every once in a while.

bob g

glort

What a funny place the US is.

Guns?
Sure, take your pick. Would you like a bag for it or you going to wear it out of here on your hip?

Diesel Generator?
ARE YOU MAD?
You can't have one of those things!  What the hell are you thinking? Are you insane???
Nope, we'll stop those things from ever getting into our country and keep the place safe.
What's wrong with you for even ASKING about bringing one of those things in here?  Have you no shame?
Some of you guys just aren't wired right are you??   Diesel Generators...... Incredible!

;D

Carlb

Quote from: glort on September 13, 2015, 05:40:18 PM

What a funny place the US is.

Guns?
Sure, take your pick. Would you like a bag for it or you going to wear it out of here on your hip?

Diesel Generator?
ARE YOU MAD?
You can't have one of those things!  What the hell are you thinking? Are you insane???
Nope, we'll stop those things from ever getting into our country and keep the place safe.
What's wrong with you for even ASKING about bringing one of those things in here?  Have you no shame?
Some of you guys just aren't wired right are you??   Diesel Generators...... Incredible!

;D

That's because we have the Second Amendment and the EPA   One protects your rights the other infringes on your rights.  Maybe we would still be able to import listeroids if they were added to the second amendment  ;D
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

dmarkh

Thanks all. It was real easy to talk him out of going down that road. He wants one real bad though.

Regards
Mark

vdubnut62

No, HE can get one of the dam@#$ed things if HE wants it, no problem. He just has problems getting thing that go BANG!
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

dmarkh

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 17, 2015, 01:28:50 PM
No, HE can get one of the dam@#$ed things if HE wants it, no problem. He just has problems getting thing that go BANG!
Ron.

Huh? Lost me there. Sorry.

Mark

vdubnut62

Sorry, I don't even know what happened there, Senior Moment? :-[   Or maybe I was confused and thought he was in OZ or Down Under. Either way, never mind.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

dmarkh

Quote from: mobile_bob on September 11, 2015, 05:30:20 PM
i am fairly certain the seller is ligit, however

shipping from china? 

that means getting past customs, and that likely is not going to happen given the epa position on these engines

you might get lucky and get one past the customs guys, but if you don't? then what?   

you are out your money? and possibly the cost to have the thing destroyed and disposed of? or pay to have it shipped back
(after you first pay the customs folks for their trouble, and the longshoreman  for handling on and off the ship) and then wait to
get a refund?

better to keep looking for one already here in the states in my opinion, they come up every once in a while.

bob g

I ran across this down in Miami.

http://www.sigmapowers.com/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=1085

I actually talked to them on the phone. He doesn't sell ST gen heads or Jiangdong engines  separately but does sell gensets built from ST heads and Jiangdong engines. He says he has several in stock some even in "quiet" enclosures. How can this be? The Jiangdong looks just like the Changfa. Are those not banned by the EPA. How can he be doing this, yet we can not?

Mark

vdubnut62

This is purely a work of fiction, any resemblance to persons or situations living or dead is absolute coincidence.

This is pure conjecture but it looks to me like the units could be brought in from Haiti. Possibly on a private vessel and set up  as functioning part of said vessel, or maybe even just sitting there as a backup?  Anyway that's what I would try.
More ways to kill a cat besides choking him to death on butter.
Ron.