News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Changfa clone runs!

Started by WGB, November 14, 2009, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGB

The Powermart sounds great!
I pulled the crankcase cover and checked what I could see, nice and clean.
Everything was tight and looked to be good workmanship through out.
I couldn't get it to prime though, called Carol Stream they are very helpful.
They thought the speed control fork was off the pump, they were on the right track.
I couldn't get the pump to come out of the engine, so I pulled the side cover, should of done that anyway.
The rack? on the pump was stuck with heavy grease, cleaned with PB Blaster, works great now.
Engine fired first time I got fuel to the cylinder.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WGBListeroid#p/a/u/1/fEcN6gbM6ks

WGB

admin

try George at utterpower.com
he has all sorts of serp pulleys in stock to fit most applications we work with.

bob g

veggie

Very nice engine.
There did not seem to be very much vibration at the lower rpm's
Do these smaller models ( vs. the S195 and 1115) also have internal counterbalance shafts?

Veggie

Henry W

It seems like a nice engine. Thanks for posting the video.

Bob is right about pulleys. I can't think of anyone else that might have pulleys for changfa type engines.

Henry

WGB

Veggie it has counter weights, runs smoother than I thought it would at all RPMs.
I had it apart with pics of the inside.
It had about 1" of pretty nice feeling and looking oil in the crankcase.

WGB

rcavictim

WGB,

Those are counterweights on the crankshaft to offset the weight of the con-rod and piston.  This is not the extra timed and rotating counterbalance shafts (2) that are also included in the 195 and 1115 designs.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

WGB

WGB

Quote from: rcavictim on November 15, 2009, 08:33:12 AM
WGB,

Those are counterweights on the crankshaft to offset the weight of the con-rod and piston.  This is not the extra timed and rotating counterbalance shafts (2) that are also included in the 195 and 1115 designs.

Ahhh didn't notice Veggie said counterbalance and shaft!
So no there isn't a extra shaft and weights.

WGB

If interested this is a slideshow from the crate to ready to run.
Has the inside pics with the slide or rack on pump that was gummed up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39282821@N07/sets/72157622683772455/show/

rcavictim

Terrific pictures!  Nice engine.  I wish I had one of yours rather than my JD175A without e-start.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.