News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

R180 injector pump issue

Started by ryanw95, March 29, 2012, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanw95

So after not running the R180 motor on my little tractor I tried to start it up the other day, didn't fire up.

After taking the hard line off the pump I discovered that it wasn't pumping fuel. So I took it out and the it seems the tappet end isn't moving much. So I loosened that slotted end screw on the side (visible in pic) and now it seems to move (plunge) even more, and that slider knob (on top (black) slides side-to-side better.

How tight does that screw (slotted end) need to be? And when I look in the hole where the screw was, it looks like there's a slot in the internal mechanism (pump barrel) where it fits in. However, if it goes in that slot, then the black slider knob doesn't slide side to side.

I've looked at Martin Nile's "Injector Pump Disassembly" write up, and I'm not able to disassemble the injector pump like he's done on his Changfa 195.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.
handfull of horizontal water-cooled Changfa-style motors, in tractor, generators, etc.

Tom Reed

The rack on my 195 was was stuck when I got it too. It had not been run for a while. I took the pump apart and cleaned it and now it works fine. I think the screw in question is a shoulder bolt so tightness should not matter. You might try working marvel mystery oil through it to dissolve any varnish in the pump. Remember with an IP pump cleanliness is next to godliness.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

ryanw95

I currently have it soaking in a tub of diesel, storing it until I have time to mess with it more. Thanks.
handfull of horizontal water-cooled Changfa-style motors, in tractor, generators, etc.

BruceM

When rebuilding and calibrating injectors, I've used straight vegetable oil as a soak cleaner.  It softens and removes varnish and other deposits that diesel fuel didn't touch.

quinnf

Sounds eerily similar to my R175A.  http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=2577.msg29368#msg29368

I ended up getting a new pump from China.  See end of post.  George said he finally got the pump apart (I sent it to him at his request).  He said you have to take the cam follower off, then hit it on a piece of wood mightily.  I tried, but figured if I was successful the parts would fly so far I'd never find them again.

Quinn

ryanw95

I added some B100 biodiesel into the diesel, so now it's soaking in about B50. May take it out tonight to check it out.

I figure i'd try getting one form dave & larry in China, just want to try to get it apart 1st.

I wonder how much the injector pump will be including shipping from China.

bobansen

Quote from: ryanw95 on April 12, 2012, 11:11:38 PM
I added some B100 biodiesel into the diesel, so now it's soaking in about B50. May take it out tonight to check it out.

I figure i'd try getting one form dave & larry in China, just want to try to get it apart 1st.

I wonder how much the injector pump will be including shipping from China.

Maybe stupid question, but who is "Dave & Larry" ..?
If they are living in China, then I would love to meet up for future reqirements of my own.
bobbie

ryanw95

Their names are Lee and David. Search utterpower.com for them or here.

ryanw95

Better yet check quinnf's post.

Henry W

If anyone is looking for Chinese engine parts there is The Chinese Engine Parts Connection section posted in on the top of Changfa/Redstone/Chinese diesels and the Dealers Registry and Parts Sources sections. They linked to utterpower.com.

Henry

Startomatic

Gents,

i am Dave aka startomatic base in Malaysia and my partner in crime Larry aka David is base in Qingdao in China.

we can source for you gent any parts for Chinese engine.

the deal breaker is usually the courier cost for heavy items like cylinder head. otherwise, we can be very competitive and David would source this part usually from the original maker rather than the engine maker.

the IP Quinn received is from one of the biggest IP pump manufacturer in China, Wuxi Diesel. getting replacement part from direct engine maker sometime is a hit and run case when come to quality as their sourcing dept may buy purely base on pricing.

Ryan,
could you give us the make and where possible the part number for the IP you need. my suggestion is you shd keep some stock of head gasket, fuel nozzle, rings set and the main plain/CR bearing. David and I would be more than happy to give you a quote.

kind regards   

ryanw95

Dave,

this is a pic of the label on the side of the R180 I have. I hope this will be enough information for you, especially since I've been unable to locate the manual for the motor, which I think is somewhere out in my shop.

If not, let me know and I can take a better look out in my shop. Thanks.

-Ryan

Startomatic

Startomatic

Ryan,

your Yichang machine from Hubei Province manufacturer is no longer in existence for us to verify the part number.

is your unit direct or indirect injection?

i guess a Changfa R180 IP unit should fits (better still if you can take a few pics on the mounting and several view of your IP for my confirmation)

come back to me and we will get you a Changfa unit.

ryanw95

Dave/Larry,

I'll try to get some pics tonight of the R180, but in the meantime, the engine featured in this video is the actual engine I will need (possibly) the injector pump for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGpQz_77Xc

I hope you can view it.