News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

pig pen to new shop

Started by bobansen, January 28, 2012, 07:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

Hi folks, sorry for the silence, but I have been busy as you will see. After getting my new toy 1115 for christmas (early) I just could not bring myself to put it in the old pig pen like before. that left me absolutely no choice, as I told her in doors, we have to build a new shop for both the engines or they may be stolen....ha ha who can even lift one let alone steal it..Once my wife was on board it was none stop activity. remove pen, lay cement base, order steel for roof joist, I wont go on but let the pictures tell the story.
Uploading is slow here so I will put a few each time I am on the forum..sorry you tube upload is a no no for now.
Hope you enjoy.
Bobbie

bobansen

bobansen

bobansen

wrightkiller

Looks good Bobbie...... keep us informed on your progress

P.S. we like pictures 

veggie

Very nice transformation.
Your wife has an alternate motive.
Without knowing it, you are building "the dog house".
Expect to be sent there when you are a bad boy  ;D

It's a great setup for an engine room.
As wrightkiller stated, please keep us posted of your progress.

veggie

LowGear

Wow bobansen,

Corners what ain't square - On purpose.  What a neat shape.  You think those cement blocks will hold up to the throbbing power of your new 1115?  ;D  They should eat the noise.

Hey mister, what's that funny looking old engine there in the dark corner in the first photo?

Casey

bobansen

Quote from: veggie on January 28, 2012, 10:41:48 AM

Very nice transformation.
Your wife has an alternate motive.
Without knowing it, you are building "the dog house".
Expect to be sent there when you are a bad boy  ;D

It's a great setup for an engine room.
As wrightkiller stated, please keep us posted of your progress.

veggie

In that case I shall be a very very bad boy every day ha ha

bobansen

Quote from: LowGear on January 28, 2012, 11:12:25 AM
Wow bobansen,

Corners what ain't square - On purpose.  What a neat shape.  You think those cement blocks will hold up to the throbbing power of your new 1115?  ;D  They should eat the noise.

Hey mister, what's that funny looking old engine there in the dark corner in the first photo?

Casey

Corners out of square! corect, To gain the most floor space I had to follow the shape of the ground available hence the odd shape. However it is only the rear and left wall that throws the rest out.
The blocks are 6ins 3x hole hollow blocks, the  middle hole is filled with fire retard foam and the remainder is steel bar and concrete. Plus I have bolted the engines down to a 6x6 hardwood beam. No vibes to transmit as I can see and your right about noise absortion. just the usual clank from the timing gears. That I can live with, infact I need my clank fix daily he he he.
The funny old engine in the first is the original 195. worked hard since day one and still going strong, now related to simple battery charging leaving the 1115 to the heavy work.
pics on way.

bobansen

bobansen

bobansen

mike90045

You will now come over to my place, and I will supply you with brick, blocks and mortar, till I have one ;D

bobansen

Quote from: mike90045 on January 30, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
You will now come over to my place, and I will supply you with brick, blocks and mortar, till I have one ;D

@ Mike, no problem my friend, I will also bring a couple of 1130s with me as hand baggage of course he he   ;D