Chinese Diesel Generator Experts - Queston

Started by dieselfox, November 21, 2011, 08:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselfox

Ladies / Gentlemen

I would like to know your opinion of this engine listed on Ebay.  I am very tempted to purchase my first Chinese Diesel, but there are some concerns.  Are replacement parts available to do complete rebuilds?  This one was purchase in 1997.  Also, are they economical on fuel?  Lastly, with the right care and setup, will they be reliable in the long run?  In other words, are they rugged and long lasting - worth the effort?

I highly respect your opinions.  Thanks in advance. 

Dieselfox

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHINA-DIESEL-GENERATOR-/280774222373?pt=BI_Generators&hash=item415f72a225

Tom Reed

It's an ok setup. I'm planning to bid on it as I'm near them and need a backup source for our off-grid home. This was posted on the board else where. If you really need it let me know and I won't bid against you. There are several other board members interested too.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

dieselfox

Tom

I don't need it.  Go ahead.  I was just interested in these engines.  If parts are available, and they are good on fuel I will keep my out for one in the future.

Good luck bidding.

Dieselfox

injin man

I bought a pair of Tri-Circle Chanfa clones, sold the one that
didn't run to ZeroG and kept the other, it's a 175/ 3.5 kw Genset
and works pretty well, even after running out of fuel it cranked
right up. I paid $500 for mine with the manuals and guarantee
that they would run and I doubt I'd sell it.

I can't tell by looking at the pic but the gen head looks small to 8kw.

LincTex

Good going, Tom! 

Lucky dog.....
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Tom Reed

Not that lucky, the engine had issues with the IP which were solved, but the gen head needs expensive parts. The unit was not as advertized as it was a s195 not a s1100. Still trying to decide if I'll use it to replace the Listeroid as our off-grid battery charging backup.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LincTex

Yeah, but for what you paid you did VERY well.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP