Batteries: To fuse or not to fuse (or circuit breakers)

Started by mike90045, November 07, 2011, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

Quote from: WStayton on November 11, 2011, 07:47:05 AM
Lloyd said:  "While we can help you understand certain issues, we are not on location, to make sure what you understand is what we said."

So since I don't have an electrical engineering degree I should just forget it????

The fact that I don't have an electrical engineering degree is why I am on here asking - now your telling me that is bad practice???

I'm confused - I THOUGHT this was a Do-It-Yourself forum - Am I wrong AGAIN??

If I HAD an electrical engineering degree, I wouldn't be on here asking so many questions! <grin>

Oh, and having watched the NYSEG engineer who DOES have an electrical engineering degre operate, and I'm pretty convinced that, left to his own devices, he would make bigger messes than I will!

My opinion(s) which are worth EXACTLY what you paid for them!

Regardz,

Wayne Stayton

Wayne,

That is not at all what I said, go back and re-read.

I have tried to help you...but i also caution you, that if you don't understand, then read the links that I have provided you with, they also have all the information you need.

Consistently you ask Q"s, and someone answers correctly, yet you come back with the same Q. So that means you are not understanding.

I for one want to help you, but I don't want to be the one whom you took the advice from, thinking you understood what I said, only to find out what you understood, was not what I said.

Would you hire someone to do anything for you, that approached it the way you're approaching it...I think not...Well, guess what, you are hiring yourself...it's the same.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

veggie

Current  code states that there must be a fuse at the battery bank AND a disconnect between the fuse and the load (inverter).

Veggie

Lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

veggie