how do i remove injecter on a yanmar/chinese 10hp engine

Started by getterdone, September 13, 2011, 07:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getterdone

can any one tell me how to remove the injecter for cleaning?
i removed the injecter line and the two nuts and plate now what?
don't it just slip out? it won't budge.

Carlb

I don't know anything about the yanmar, but you can try cranking the engine over by hand with the decompresser disengaged, it might just pop out. 

Carl
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

getterdone

cranking by hand didn't do it.
heres some picture's of the engine.

veggie

Derb

Hi Veggie. Good video on how not to deal with precision parts. What an animal - who the hell uses slip joint pliers on nuts then "bends" the injector pipe out of the way? I was waiting for the hammer and cold chisel to make an appearance. Good cringe content though. LOL. Cheers.
Derb.
Kawerau
Bay of Plenty
New Zealand
Honda EU20i
Anderson 2 HP/Fisher & Paykel PM conversion
Anderson 3.5 HP
Villiers Mk20
Chinese 6500 watt single phase 4 stroke

vdubnut62

Looks like yours is stuck with carbon, try soaking it with half and half tranny fluid and acetone for a day or so, then GENTLY tap it with a lead hammer.  Then wiggle and yank by hand, crank the engine with compression release OFF, cuss it a while and repeat. Eventually it'll work loose.
Patience is key. ::)(not one of my strong points!)
I used the acetone and tranny fluid to break the rear spring hanger U-bolt nuts loose on a 43 year old 2 ton Chevy, it's good stuff.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

getterdone

Quote from: veggie on September 13, 2011, 05:17:05 PM

Well....
How about a video on how to remove a fuel injector on a Yanmar (Clone) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6_bY5zfl8&feature=related

veggie

thank you veggy. i''ll get out the big hammer and pry bar.
ha, no really thanks. i didnt know how it came apart, this was very helpful.

Henry W

Hi getterdone,

I am not sure if a puller is available. I have someone looking into this.

Chances is the injector is carboned or the two dissimular metals caused electrolisis corosion.

My 1st thing I would try the proceedure as vdubnut62 sugested. And take your time.

I do not recommend this but I removed a stuck injector by welding a injector line nut on a pipe, threading the pipe on the injector fitting end for leverage. Than using a air chisel with a hammer end that had plastic super glued to it. I used the air chisel to rap the injector top sides while gently putting pressure back and forth on the hand made bar hoping to work the injector back and forth to loosen it. DO NOT PUSH ON THE AIR HAMMER.

Well it worked. After a short amount of time it loosened up to pull out. I was lucky not to damage the injector.

What helped is the shock waves from the air hammer type setup. We use this method at times to loosen tapered pins.

Using a hammer will do the same thing, It is gentler and it will take longer. But when you are pressured by a deadline you tend to do things that are not proper.

When you run out of alternatives than it might be the only option to get tough. But expect possible damage. Hopfully it will not come down to this.

Let us know how it works out

Henry

veggie

Quote from: getterdone on September 14, 2011, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: veggie on September 13, 2011, 05:17:05 PM

Well....
How about a video on how to remove a fuel injector on a Yanmar (Clone) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq6_bY5zfl8&feature=related

veggie

thank you veggy. i''ll get out the big hammer and pry bar.
ha, no really thanks. i didnt know how it came apart, this was very helpful.

I think that video is is made by the dealer for those engines in Eastern Canada :o

vdubnut62

Getterdone, if you are careful you could also try a propane torch on the cylinder head, since it's aluminum it does have a different expansion rate than the steel injector body.

PROPANE!! torch, no MAPP gas and be careful not to burn anything heat sensitive, and not too hot! No smoking metal parts!
If you are not experienced and don't feel comfortable, don't try this!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

getterdone

i got it out and tested it.
cleaned it and put it back.[the injecter]
tried to start it, wore me out.
so got the Wheel Horse out and a long belt.
spun it up and had a lot of smoke and finally it ran on its own.,
but a hole lot of smoke and it ran away except the belt was still attached so i just shut off the wheel horse.
i put it away and will get back to it later. or sell for parts. i'm tired messing with it.
i think it has a ring that is broke.
it had only 3 or so tanks of fuel ran through it.
it didn't like bio fuel.