Main Menu

spell check

Started by getterdone, August 13, 2011, 04:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getterdone

how do i get spellcheck to work?
i cant spell worth a *&^%$# .

rcavictim

There is this special kind of device, old fashioned tech actually, part of a once large family of such devices called books. Quite amazing as they do not need electricity to run and they are immune from EMP damage.  The device you want was called a dictionary.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

getterdone

rcavictim

If there is a spell check feature as part of this forum software I am certainly not aware of it.  Sorry.

I keep several dictionarys near the computer....and I like to keep a tape measure in my pocket, as a rule.  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

deeiche

Quote from: getterdone on August 13, 2011, 04:31:08 PM
how do i get spellcheck to work?
i cant spell worth a *&^%$# .
if you use Firefox web browser there is a addon spell checker

getterdone

i do use fox fire.
i'll see if i can figure it out.
thanks john

BioHazard

Quote from: rcavictim on August 13, 2011, 07:00:26 PM
I keep several dictionarys near the computer....and I like to keep a tape measure in my pocket, as a rule.  :D

What, no calculator watch?
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

rcavictim

Quote from: BioHazard on August 14, 2011, 12:49:33 AM
Quote from: rcavictim on August 13, 2011, 07:00:26 PM

What, no calculator watch?

Nope, can't wear a watch or any other jewelry.  It must be 30 years since I wore a watch, maybe longer.  Knowing what time it is is usually only important when trying to please masters.

BioHazard

Quote from: rcavictim on August 14, 2011, 01:40:56 AM
Knowing what time it is is usually only important when trying to please masters.

That must be why I can never remember what day/month/year it is.... ;D
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Carlb

RCA,

I like to keep a slide rule and an abacus nearby just in case.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

rcavictim

Quote from: Carlb on August 14, 2011, 04:59:32 AM
RCA,

I like to keep a slide rule and an abacus nearby just in case.

Now you're talking.  I actually have an abacus that could attach to a keychain but the point is it is compact and easy to keep with oneself.  I had it ready once when someone asked me if I had a calculator.  You should have been there!  ;D  Slide rule?  Not so much.

LowGear

Spell Check is built into Fire Fox - free download.

All the browsers are getting too good for me.  I want to start a software company.  "Old Farts Software"  Our motto will be "Its not what's in your shorts that's important but what's on your screen."

Casey

PS:  There's a calendar down in the system tray, or whatever it is this rendition.  Just click the clock and [Esc] out when finished.  We don't want to change the system date now do we.  When in fear - Run Away or [Esc] escape.

vdubnut62

Personally, I think you spelled "*&^%$#" very well. The only fault I found was in the punctuation, in my humble opinion, the period should have been an exclamation point. ::)
Ron.

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

rcavictim

Remember...

Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a bananna.

Those damn time flies are way too aggressive where I live.  :(