News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Enclosed Listeroid Package

Started by veggie, August 05, 2011, 09:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

The builder of this Listeroid plant claims the unit can run 24/7 for a full year on one tank of fuel.
He even repeats the claim to make sure it is heard. (near the end of the video)
The unit has a 240 volt, 30 amp connector which equates to 6600 watts or 6.6 kw.
So the engine must be at least a 12/1 Listeroid to make that much power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvJtqEmp5w&feature=related

Assuming the 12/1 engine uses 2 litres per hr. (twice that of a 6/1) and there's 8760 hrs in a year,
the fuel tank must be 2 Ltrs X 8760 hrs = 17,520 litres or (3937 Gallons) to allow 24/7 operation for the full year. !!  :o

If the engine is a 6/1 the fuel tank would have to be 1968 gallons. (But then the advertised 6.6kw would not be possible)

Horsepoor

Reminds me of the commerical "This is your brain on drugs". No creditability!

LowGear

Nice boxes.

Let me do the math.  1 gallon a day for 365 days is 365 gallons. 

Right.

I don't get it.  Do you?

Casey

Carlb

I posted a reply to his video.  I made the assumption that even at part load it had to consume at least 1 quart an hour.

Carl
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

injin man

Very interesting, but not gonna happen. 24/7 365 without
a rebuild on listeroid?

cgwymp

Quote from: veggie on August 05, 2011, 09:51:12 PM
Assuming the 12/1 engine uses 2 litres per hr. (twice that of a 6/1) and there's 8760 hrs in a year,
the fuel tank must be 2 Ltrs X 8760 hrs = 17,520 litres or (3937 Gallons) to allow 24/7 operation for the full year. !!  :o

If the engine is a 6/1 the fuel tank would have to be 1968 gallons.

He ported the head (see his other video) -- surely that makes all the difference! ;-)

Wonder how hard it is to get into that enclosure every day to lube the valve train?
Listeroid 8/1

Henry W

Oh boy, I think we can have fun on this one.

Web: http://www.wcaeaps.com/

Carlb

Quote from: cgwymp on August 06, 2011, 07:18:45 AM
Quote from: veggie on August 05, 2011, 09:51:12 PM
the fuel tank must be 2 Ltrs X 8760 hrs = 17,520 litres or (3937 Gallons) to allow 24/7 operation for the full year. !!  :o

If the engine is a 6/1 the fuel tank would have to be 1968 gallons.

He ported the head (see his other video) -- surely that makes all the difference! ;-)

Wonder how hard it is to get into that enclosure every day to lube the valve train?

Yes, I am sure the ported head will yield a substantial horsepower gain between 3,000 and 7,500 rpm  :D.  Maybe he wants to replace the cam with a high lift long duration solid roller style camshaft as well to take advantage of the ported head.
My Projects

rcavictim

Sure it will run for a whole year off the same tank of fuel.  Just so long as you keep adding fuel to the tank whenever it gets low.   ::)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Carlb

As noted above i posted a comment on the youtube page and asked how it could possibly run on one tank of fuel for an entire year 24 hours a day for a year and this was his reply.

WCAEAPS

Re: Comment on your video: WCAEAPS Power System
The information that you are requesting will require you to sign a contract with WCAEAPS. We do offer one on one hands on training courses for anyone willing to learn and is charged by the hour plus materials.

I was drinking a cup of coffee at the time and when i read this i accidentally spit coffee all over my computer monitor when i started laughing. 
My Projects

cgwymp

Wait a minute -- you have to sign an NDA just to learn the fuel consumption specs? Maybe he's got some other really profitable business, so he's running this one at 100% loss for taxes, 'cause there's no way he's ever gonna sell one of these units! ;-)
Listeroid 8/1

Carlb

I suspect that he is just using the veggie/diesel fuel as a pilot ignition for either natural gas or propane fogging  or he has found the holy grail of  engine efficiency. 
Just imagine if you put one of these in the back of your electric pickup truck, you drive it for a year on one tank of fuel :D
My Projects

quinnf

I noticed Willem disabled the comments.  I suppose he didn't want to know how many ways there are to say he's full of it. 

Henry W

Here is his comment why the comments section has been disabled:  ::)

Sorry I had to disable comments on this system, I am being attacked by people that work for the oil companies and will not allow this technology to move forward. Time to return to STALTH MODE!