News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

redstone on youtube

Started by mobile_bob, September 21, 2009, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

came across this clip of a redstone

wonder if we can get the owner signed up here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Tx1IN0Dgw&feature=related

bob g

NoSpark

That would be John Ferguson. I believe he was johnf316 or something on the other forum. This video was posted on the Redstone thread.
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

Jedon

Wow those Redstones look really nice!

JohnF

Yup, that would be mine - or used to be mine, some nice guy cam and bought it out from under me.  The black hose was just for a water return until I got it properly set up. 

John F
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

LincTex

That is about what I have been looking for (that size)

Where is a good place to buy one?
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

JohnF

Linc Tex;

We are out of them right now and the factory is being a bit picky about repeat orders - seems they want me to order 30 to 50 of 'em.  That's a bit rich for me, especially if I order some more Listers so I'll have to try a work-around.
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

LincTex

I am not very impressed with my Indian Listeroid 6-1, my Chang Chai 1110 is a much higher quality engine.
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

JohnF

Know what you mean about Listeroid quality.  I've switched to ordering Chinese diesels, I have a bunch of 20hp ones in right now. 
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca

LowGear

The Redstone sure looks better than the Changfa styled engines.  How do they price out?  Are they jumpers out of the box?  Do they need total diaper changing before start-up?  Where are they manufactured?

Casey

vdubnut62

Casey, I did a little investigation on the redstone some time back, while this is ONLY my OPINION and may be flawed.(prob'ly is!)
My answers to your questions are expensive, not really, sometimes, and China. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Henry W

Quote from: JohnF on October 02, 2011, 07:19:31 AM
Know what you mean about Listeroid quality.  I've switched to ordering Chinese diesels, I have a bunch of 20hp ones in right now.  

JohnF,

Doing some research myself on the Laidong Engines I feel they are a higher quality that normaly comes from China. From what I see it looks heavily built and should be a reliable engine for years. The importing of the Redstone stopped and I feel parts will be a hassle to get. So the Laidong 1115D would be a good choice of engines. In your country.

Henry

JohnF

Henry;

Could work for other places too....email me.
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca

LincTex

A seller on ebay from Doral, Florida ( epowerproducts ) is selling these:

JDP ZH1115 25 HP Single Cylinder Diesel Engine  Item number: 150634974324

I can't swing $2000, though. I can get a really nice condition Kubota, Yanmar or Isuzu for that price  :-\

Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Shipo

O wow that's close to my office, I'm going to try to pass as soon I have time....if any of you guy need my help let me know......here is their website...www.allchineseengineparts.com....

PS:I don't have any connection and I do not know them, this info for our reference..blah...blah...blah

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW