News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

American Bosch pump

Started by deannis, July 07, 2011, 09:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deannis

I have A Witte CD with an american bosch pump apf1a80n2450a, and iI found a bosch pf1a80c00/1 and was wondering if anybody had enough grey hair to decipher if this pump would work. Thanks Dean

LowGear

Hi Dean,

Let me horn in just a bit and ask if the BD used a different pump than the CD?  Mine is weeping.

Casey

Since this post I've looked up my operators manual.

deannis

I am not sure,but but think the cd pump will work. I think the bd pump has a smaller plunger. If theese pumps I found work for me, I have A pump on mine now that has a 7mm plunger instead of the 8mm like the cd should have, I will make you a good deal. I found 35 of those bosch pumps, I just hope everything works out. Dean

flywheel

Quote from: deannis on July 08, 2011, 05:20:29 PM
I am not sure,but but think the cd pump will work. I think the bd pump has a smaller plunger. If theese pumps I found work for me, I have A pump on mine now that has a 7mm plunger instead of the 8mm like the cd should have, I will make you a good deal. I found 35 of those bosch pumps, I just hope everything works out. Dean

Dean, can you post a picture of what the pumps look like?
                                                                                             flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

deannis

I looked the bd up in the bosch book I have, it is basically the same pump with a smaller plunger (less fuel) other than that it looks the same as the one you have. I will be checking to see if he has smaller plunger and barrels. I will also be looking for nozzles for wittes for you guys,may take some time,as he has 100s,over 1600 pumps and thousands of hard lines. Most of this stuff is Budda though. Anyway I will be posting what I find in the near future. Dean

deannis

Ok he thought he had 35 bosch pumps, They were bryce instead. I looked at theese and they should work,just make sure the timing line in the window does not travel outside the window and the rack is going the right way. You may have to change the fuel inlet fitting, but otherwise should work on the witte.bd or cd. His name is John Paulsen 360-534-9879