News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

kubota knd3 timing ?

Started by wiebe, February 28, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiebe

I have got 2 kubota knd3 engine,s .
One is made working again with the valves grind .
But i took a block without head and injektor and pump.
Now i want to control the timing on the engine, its done with the thin gaskets under the pump.
But how do i mesure it .
its this engine .
kubota knd3

wiebe

Okee not much info on the timing here .
But found on a other site what i think helps me .

But the next question is ,can a too early timing cause bad starting .
The diesel gets injekted with de heat not big in the combustion chaimber.
I now start it with hot water in the hopper ore a heat gun in the intake manifold.

Greetings Wiebe.
kubota knd3

RogerAS

wiebe,

You engine looks like my Kubota EL300 in many regards. I note you do not have the radiator mounted and with that in place I think our engines would look even more similar. My flywheel is toothed and has a starter, but retains the crank point at the same place on the side cover.

I also note this engine does not have a glow plug. Mine does. I can tell you that without this glow plug my engine is balky at starting at any temperature below 50°F. I suspect your engine may not have as much compression as it did when new and this may be a small part of the issue, and is so with my engine too. I note that your exhaust is clean and this tells me that when the engine IS running it is getting the proper fuel load and on time.

One thing to note about my engine is the oil pressure when the RPM's are very very low is not high enough in my opinion. I can make my engine run at <100RPM but the oil pressure drops to less than 10LBS. Might be enough, but I don't like it. Besides, there's no real power available in that low RPM.

I suggest you install the radiator, or alternative cooling system, and apply a load to your engine. IF it doesn't smoke or rattle I'd say you're good to go.

I have the service manual for my engine, and the timing info is there. If it might help I'll scan and email it to you. My engine requires the radiator be in place to use the marks on the flywheel for timing I still don't think the timing is off on you engine.

RS

wiebe

Oke
Never started the engine in the cold ,its now around 32f zo i think thats normal .
I wil get the second engine to run ,maybe see if that whants to start.
kubota knd3