News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Anyone here have a Powerline 6/1

Started by injin man, February 14, 2011, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

injin man

I need to know what the bolt pattern on your Main Bearing Housing
is and a Pic if you can. Are they the same on both sides?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Crofter

If the powerline follows the general listeroid pattern, then bolt pattern and number is different each side. I checked it out when someone was looking for a replacement over on LEF.
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

injin man

I ordered a set set of tapered roller bearing housings from powerline and one has the std
4 bolt pattern and the other is 5 bolt pattern which doesn't fit the crankcase I have. ???

Crofter

Mine are 4 and 5. Do either of the ones you received fit? Are your bolt patterns the same both sides? Dont be so stingy with the info or are you shy, Lol!  ;D
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

injin man

Quote from: Crofter on February 15, 2011, 06:38:45 AM
Mine are 4 and 5. Do either of the ones you received fit? Are your bolt patterns the same both sides? Dont be so stingy with the info or are you shy, Lol!  ;D

The 4 bolt Housing does fit, the other side of mine is also 4 bolt and
won't fit. So is that is their design? All the other's are 4 Bolt?

Crofter

I dont know how the brands break down into families. A guess is that when they went to the higher hp and bolt on weights the crank got bigger and needed one bearing housing larger to let the crank in and out but that is the way mine are. 4 bolts on the injector pump side with the top one also serving for the idler bolt. The other side is 5 on a larger diameter.
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

injin man

Gary at Diesel Engine did confirm that the bolt patterns differ on the Powerline Engines.