News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Crancase Venting Question- GM90

Started by veggie, February 05, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowspeedlife

run it up under the valve cover & direct it at the rocker arms to lube them with the mist ?

SR
Old Iron For A New Age

Carlb

Quote from: lowspeedlife on February 07, 2011, 02:42:02 PM
run it up under the valve cover & direct it at the rocker arms to lube them with the mist ?

SR

That sounds like a good idea

carl
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

lowspeedlife

Quote from: Carlb on February 07, 2011, 02:46:18 PM
Quote from: lowspeedlife on February 07, 2011, 02:42:02 PM

SR

That sounds like a good idea

carl

Though maybe a little messy !!

Scott R
Old Iron For A New Age

Ronmar

It will probably have less oil in it than the access door breather does.  That breather is right in line with the rod, so gets a lot of slung oil that way.  One of my videos with a plexiglass window in place of the hatch, was completely obscured in less than a minute from slung oil.  I recall a telling by someone who modified that splash shield in front of the breather hole and narrowed the slot.  That increased the velocity of the airflow thru the slot and it carried a lot more oil out past the reed valve...  With the port up high in the corner of the case, there is probably not going to be as much free oil laying about the port to get sucked up and atomized into the tube...  A clear hose off the top will tell the tail.
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"