News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Central Maine selling Listeroids again?

Started by cschuerm, January 02, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cschuerm

I just noticed that Central Maine Diesel appears to be selling Listeroids again.  They have what appears to be a fairly well designed "veggie oil" conversion and are selling generator packages for that use.  Last I heard, they got slapped down by the EPA.  Did they come up with a way around the regs?  That would be great news if they did!  Anyone have any info?
http://www.generatorsales.com/order/Vegetable-Oil-Lister-Generator-3000-Watt.asp?page=L09987

chris

Ronmar

I don't think Veg oil has ever been an EPA "approved" fuel source, so I don't see how that would get them around the regs.  About the only way I could see that happening was if they could prove they were pre-ban engines?
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

vdubnut62

When I called them last spring, I was told they were not going to pursue the sales of listeroids any longer and were sold out of engines.
???
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

playdiesel

Well I'll be hanged, my experiance with them last spring was the same as Ron's "NO! and dont ask no more!" Guess they were tired of answering the phone? Not sure how veggie gets them around anything but whatever, hope they succeed.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

cognos

Almost $4400 + for a package deal without cooling tank, guard, isolation mounts, or shipping... I wish them well.

bschwartz

I think the info is just old stuff from their website.  I'm pretty sure they just sell some parts now.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

squarebob

I think it's current. The ad states:

"Yes - Send the 2011 Vegetable Oil Lister Type Generator Buyer's Guide"

I filled in the info so we will see what they send me.

Bob
GM90 6/1, 7.5 ST head, 150 Amp 24V Leece Neville, Delco 10si
Petter AA1 3.5 HP, 75 Amp 24V Leece Neville
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI, Average 39.1 MPG

vdubnut62

Must be current , the metadata gives the page as being update today.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

BioHazard

They are assembling engines in the USA. I am 95% sure of this but cannot explain why right now. Whether they are doing it legally or not I do not know...
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

wrightkiller

injin man

I called them today and no dice, they don't have any engines in stock
and don't really want to handle them at this point.

BioHazard

Quote from: injin man on January 07, 2011, 05:06:25 PM
I called them today and no dice, they don't have any engines in stock
and don't really want to handle them at this point.

That's exactly the opposite of what they told me.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

injin man

I talked to Dan Reed. We talked about parts he had in stock and wanted to
know if he ha d a Crank Case etc, none to be had. I would love nothing more
than to have him send me a 6/1 new in the crate ;D 

playdiesel

I have called there twice and Dan has been out. The web page was updated to include that info so one would assume,,,
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

WGB

I send the form for info.
No sign of anything after couple weeks?