moped with changfa ???

Started by ryanw95, December 03, 2010, 03:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanw95

I searched for a mention of this video on the forum, but nada, so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qG8Iwpwt54

title:"insane diesel trike / motorcycle / moped with chinese changfa!"

description says it's a 3.3hp

handfull of horizontal water-cooled Changfa-style motors, in tractor, generators, etc.

playdiesel

I want one of those engines if anyone comes across one for sale
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

LowGear

The trike is pretty sane compared to the rider.  Experimental machine + narrow wheel base + country roads + damp conditions MINUS safety equipment = goofy rider.  The "Hey, watch me do this!" R&D department.  And if I ever do bigger I post it to youtube as well.  Pretty neat.

I'm more impressed with these engines every youtube video I watch.  Too bad they don't have the class that the Listers do.

Casey

ryanw95

not that it's for sale, but I thought I'd show a pic of what I think is a R170 horizontal single water-cooled diesel. I don't see a manufacturer logo on it, only a sticker saying what weight oil to use in colder and warmer months.

Picked it up at a garage sale down the road from me this past summer for $100. Seller was a sailboat dude and also had another engine, a bigger marine Yanmar, but was more $ than I wanted to spend. He said this one was pulled from a friends sailboat, was used to drive the prop-shaft via belt(s). It runs! I just need to figure out what to use it for...thinking of a PMG, but looks like George B. is out of stock of them. It's missing a muffler and needs a little tlc, but it runs!!!

My neighbor 3 doors down is a small engine repair dude and has some older (hopefully horizontal shaft engine) riding mowers/garden tractors. He loves my diesel tractor (avatar) and may have something I could put this little guy on. Then again if the wife sees yet another tractor in the shop she may divorce me.
handfull of horizontal water-cooled Changfa-style motors, in tractor, generators, etc.