Started by mobile_bob, October 05, 2009, 10:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

ok fella's time for a head count

how many have changfa's or variants
what size ?

what are you driving with it?

how many hours have you had it operating

btw, remember october is changfa owner membership drive month!

:)

bob g

mobile_bob

got to do something to kick start this place today!

jeesh, is this a national holiday or something?

or do my feet stink?

WAKE UP EVERYBODY!!!

LOL

bob g

Paul 1115

Testing Testing, CQ CQ, anybody there  :D
Yes Bob, we're out here, waiting for pablum so I can finally put together my 5yr old new S1115 w/ 10k ST. I have been warned by SWMBO if we have more then a 3 hr outage, the front loader and dumpster will be at the garade door. I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer from Flywheel, as are many. I've got plenty of steel shapes for a frame, some welders, band saws  at the ready, etc.

Paul 1115

Whoa! Was hard at work pecking out my reply and BAM, it posted, with no warning. :o
Anywhoo, Im now concerned about the ability of the ST to provide smoth enough power to run our new, bazillion dollar, ultra efficient, HVAC, all electronic controlled, bla bla bla. It seems most everything today is sensitive (read not very tolerant electronic control systems) to power quality. Im still looking for a good quality 8-10 Kw generator, to direct couple to the Changfa. I'v even considered going to the dark side (Listeroid) and one of Joel's PM generators, to get that lovely sine wave.

Paul

Formerly LEV-L-LOK

veggie

Three Changfa systems...

1] S195 @ 900 rpm driving an overhead mounted Voltmaster 4kw head (only making 2.5kw) on compact frame.
Preparing this until battery bank charging system.

2] Changfa/Launtop 10HP Air cooled diesel @ 2500 rpm driving a Voltmaster 4kw head for portable standby power.

Sorry, no significant hours of run time to report yet.

Cheers,
Veggie

Henry W

Hello Bob,

I have two DI S195's. One as a spare engine for now.

As you know the operating DI S195 is spinning a serpintine belt driven ST-12 gen-head. Still breaking in. Roughly 5 hours run time. I need to put an hour meter on the list.

Henry

flywheel

I have almost as many as mobile bob.  1 RS115 redstone, 6 changfa 1115's, 2 changfa 195's, 2 very small changfas, one air cooled and the other water cooled.  1 1100 changchai,  1 1110 rufa/10kw st head ( pictured on whats your best guess on the forum ) This unit is now six years old and performs perfectly when needed.  Not included are the rest of my herd of diesels which do not fall under changfa/redstone/chinese diesel engines. And no - I'm not crazy.
flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

rcavictim

I have a new Changfa 1115 and am looking for an affordable, two bearing 3-phase, 12-15 kW head to spin with it.  The picture shows it belted up to a 20 kW DC generator head and a 27 kW PTO generator for some testing I was doing and also for engine break-in with load.  I now have 25 break-in hours on the Changfa and have changed the oil once.  It stayed very clean in the 25 hours.  No smoke and the engine runs extremely well.  This engine has a respectable amount of power!

I have a smaller JangDong 175A which is in a test genset of sorts.

Oh, almost forgot.  I recently acquired a brand new Launtop 6 HP air cooled diesel with electric and pull start for a good deal at Princess Auto. It was a store display and had not seen crankcase oil or fuel yet. I put oil in the crankcase, turned it over a few times and am storing it.  I plan to make a small porta power unit much like Veggie has done with his larger 10 HP Launtop.  I'm figuring that once off-grid, having a single wall outlet that I can move about might be a handy thing to have, especially in an emergency situation.  There is a small chance it could end up in some crazy project like a diesel/electric hybrid motorcycle though.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

veggie

Flywheel,

Wow! that's a lot of Changfa's.
Come to think of it, when I visited the Changfa factory last year, I saw your's and Bob's picture in a plaque in the entrance to the factory.
You two are responsible for keeping that shop running!  ;D

Veggie

LincTex

I have a Chang Chai ZS1110 on a belt-driven JS180 tractor. Will be mounting a Harbor Freight 10KW gen head on the front weight bar bracket and a serpentine belt off of the flywheel for portable location power on the farm, and possibly as a backup for the Metro 6/1.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Henry W

Try to take pictures on your project.

Henry

veggie

Quote from: hwew on October 22, 2009, 10:08:47 PM
Try to take pictures on your project.

Henry

Bob, you have the most Changfa's .....and no pictures?

Veggie

Henry W

Bob has pictures. There top secret. ;)

Henry

veggie

Quote from: hwew on October 22, 2009, 10:33:03 PM
Bob has pictures. There top secret. ;)

Henry

In the underground lair. (test facility).......deeeeeeeep underground.

vdubnut62

Well, I am the proud owner of a Xing Dong (Not Chang Fa as I was told!) S1100D rated  16hp @ 2000 rpm built in February 1999. Its huge! I am naive I'm sure, but I expected about half the size. It runs great, sounds really good, no weird rattles or funny noises, and even starts pretty easy with the crank. I got a set of tools with it, wrenches and things that I have no idea what they are for,
spare rings, valve springs, injector, head gasket etc. But no manual.
I even got a 10% off coupon from Paypal the other day to go toward my Generator head!
I'll post pics later, my Dear Sweet Wife has me by the ear for the dreaded Black Friday mayhem. Someone please just shoot me.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous