News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Lister CHP system in operation - video

Started by veggie, May 30, 2010, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Lister CHP system:

A very fitting video for a CHP co-gen forum to watch....
(VERY NICE SETUP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDeJyOwb_pE

veggie

mobile_bob

gotta love the space frame, no need for a "ton o crete" with that one!

nice use of a conduit bender to form all the copper plumbing, that greatly reduces the amount of cut/fit/solder and fittings

nicely done

bob g

WGB

lowspeedlife

very nice indeed, not sure i'd hang both flywheels on one side of the engine like that, but still nicely done.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

veggie

mobile_bob,

That is an interesting engine base.
Looks like the whole thing is made from 1-1/2" square tubing and angle iron.
Virtually no weight to it.!!

Seems to work very well....but why ?
It's something I would like to incorporate, but I don't understand the forces at play and what makes it work (or not work) if I tired to replicate it.

veggie

AdeV

Quote from: veggie on May 31, 2010, 11:49:22 AM
Seems to work very well....but why ?
It's something I would like to incorporate, but I don't understand the forces at play and what makes it work (or not work) if I tired to replicate it.

Veggie -

I think the old genuine Listers were just extremely well balanced. Take mine, for example; it's attached to a cast iron base (a bit like the picture attached - the engine base covers the 4 bolts, the alternator should be at the slotted end), and the whole shebang rests on some 2x2 I had lying around, all sitting on a gert big smooth steel plate which forms the floor. It's not attached to the floor by anything other than gravity; but I can start & run the engine & it goes absolutely nowhere. Without the wood, it did slide about a bit on the steel floor, but not much, it could easily be pushed back into place with a foot. The wood is really only there to provide a bit of friction.

I can only guess that Lister were able to balance the engines better using the flywheels, than the Listeroids are able to manage using the crank weights - hence the latter's tendancy to jump all about the place if not firmly anchored to the floor...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...