News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Variations in design

Started by jmw, May 28, 2010, 06:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmw

My assumption that these Chinese horizontals are pretty much identical from a design point of view, is clearly wrong.
I just got some pictures from a manufacturer I recently contacted and was amazed with what I saw:- cartridge oil filter in a completely different sump design/casting, air-intake in a different place, different fuel rack control, and a water pump.
I've no idea what that orange thing is on the side of the engine in the generator picture.

Mark

playdiesel

I have seen the same thing, I guess it is no differant than looking at American V-8 automoble engines made from the 50s to a few years ago. They all look the same at a glance, But,,.

In this post ban age a man oughta latch on to what he can find and afford if he has the want or need IMO. The steady supplies and suppliers seem to be drying up. I am a newbie to all of this myself but just 6 months ago you could drool over many engines and parts on Ebay, not the case now other than ocassional units. I did just pick up another one, an electric start R180 that will simpy be put away for later. Sure wish I had discovered all this before the ban >:(
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

Cliff heatpower

i've seen the same thing too. being in canada there's still a chance to import stationary engines to the end of the year if i'm not mistaken. but which brand? changfa seems to have a good reputation,
but then you see the other designs and wonder if there "better" such as the oil filter one.
which one's have better fuel consumption? quality, emmisions?
also is there 185's with counter balance or is it even needed on the smaller engines.

Cliff,