News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Another English make

Started by playdiesel, December 03, 2010, 05:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playdiesel

Quote from: LowGear on December 04, 2010, 11:32:00 AM
So how rare are they?  What do you do for a head gasket?

Casey

We used John at Gaskets to Go for the head gasket, John is top notch as is his product (nonpaid plug)

They are what I would call "very unusual" There are very few of them in the states but they can be found with some looking across the pond.

If it works, cross fingers, A video of it running today, first start up

Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

LowGear

Looks great to me.  I hope you didn't spend too much on that engine stand. 

Casey

playdiesel

Quote from: LowGear on December 04, 2010, 08:15:24 PM
Looks great to me.  I hope you didn't spend too much on that engine stand. 

Casey

Well, it was kinda handy, LOL. It is nice to be able to run an engine on a couple short 6x6. If i tried that with my 24/2 roid Id be chasing it aound the shop :o
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

veggie

That Bramford is a beauty!
Nice find!
Those engines routinely outlast a human. (Maybe it already has ?)
Check the main clearances, rings, and bore. Once ok, that unit should go for a good many years.

veggie

playdiesel

It's not realy that old Veggie, it just looks old. We are yet to determain exactly how old it is but best guestimate is mid 70s. The man over in England who knew a lot about those engines recently passed away and information in general is very sketchy. We have been able to determain it was produced after the break up of Bamfords, likely sold by an out fit called Puma Power Sytems near London. Few were sold anywhere and very few made it to the states as far as we can tell.  It would be a fantastic gen set engine as those solid 'wheels easliy out weigh CS Lister 'wheels by double but it will likely be used sparingly unless we unload some of our Listeroids.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

deeiche

resurrecting from the depths

anyone looking for a Z4, here is one on eBay.uk
BAMFORD STATIONARY ENGINE