News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

the 35HP version

Started by playdiesel, May 22, 2010, 05:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playdiesel

How many of you have been beside the 35 HP version of the Chinese singles? When I picked up my new Petteroid the other day the fellow had one and all I can say is WOW! you can not believe how big they are. I thought my 23HP 1115 was big but the 35 is TWO 1115s :o I think the Mfg was xing dong or something similar. Sorry for no pics, no camera with me.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

LincTex

There are some BIG ones, the 1110 I have is 1.09 liters, there is available a ZH1130 (1.6 liters) and ZH1133 (1.72 liters) so you must have seen one of those

http://machinery.tradepad.net/products-278681-zs1110-diesel-engine.html
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

vdubnut62

Wait a minute, two 1115's - as in a twin? I heard a rumor , but that's all.
Gee, and just think, the early VW beetles were only 36 hp. Ah, those thrilling days of yesteryear, a noisey car with the acceleration of a slug, that you rowed up the road with the shifter, a heater with the BTU output of a candle, ...........
Sorry got tangled in the gears of the 'wayback machine.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LincTex

Quote from: vdubnut62 on November 08, 2010, 02:26:57 PM
Wait a minute, two 1115's - as in a twin? I heard a rumor , but that's all.

Not a twin - - - a 1.72 liter, single-cylinder BEHEMOTH. Looks like our engines, just really BIG. Physically much larger.

My ZS1110 is 110mm bore by 115mm stroke - - the 1130 is 130mm x 125mm

Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

vdubnut62

I think it would be a full time job carrying water to if it was hopper cooled! :o
Shake the poop out of anything you hooked it to also.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

yea and it might even take a "HALF" ton of concrete to mount it too!

sorry i couldn't help myself

bob g

Startomatic

At 1.52L, my single is quite big! ;D

it has a 110 bore ans 160 stroke but rated at 10hp.

this was taken during my load test set up.

veggie

Here's the Changfa specs on the size "33" engines.
130mm X 130mm bore/stroke
1.7 liter displacement
weighs in at 528 lbs.

At full load and 2200 rpm....I'll bet that thing really BARKS !

veggie

*** click picture to enlarge ***

playdiesel

No, not a twin I meant that it is as big as two 1115s. I need to get back up that way sometime and try to buy it. It is an impressive site.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

vdubnut62

Looks Good! Very impressive, just sitting here  wondering how to justify it to SWMBO.
But wonder what in the world they meant by "azotized" gears ??? ???
Anodized maybe?
Ron
RRSA

lessersivad

Plus new "streamline" design.

That should help with the C.D. in the 'ol generator room.... ???

LincTex

"Stable and Graceful" 
Hahahahaha!! I would have never thought anyone would have the moxy to use those words to describe this engine!

I wonder if the fuel filter cannister is the same size as the one on my engine.... if so, then that is indeed a monster.  The exhaust outlet would then be about 2.5" diameter
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

rcavictim

And economical to run.  Says it comes with a P-type injector.  Does that mean it will run on P?  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

veggie

Quote from: rcavictim on November 13, 2010, 04:49:04 PM
And economical to run.  Says it comes with a P-type injector.  Does that mean it will run on P?  :D

P = Pintle type Injector. Typically 5 nozzle ports for finer atomization of the fuel.

rcavictim

Quote from: veggie on November 13, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: rcavictim on November 13, 2010, 04:49:04 PM
And economical to run.  Says it comes with a P-type injector.  Does that mean it will run on P?  :D

P = Pintle type Injector. Typically 5 nozzle ports for finer atomization of the fuel.

Thanx for the clarification Veggie.  That is the injector that must be most suited for Direct Injection engines as is my Changfa 1115 and my Petter PJ-1.

Note that this monster Changfa is not actually much larger in the engine itself than the 1115.  Check the dimensions given in the chart posted earlier in this thread. It has a significantly larger capacity fuel tank on top and water tank which makes it look huge.  It is also a bit less fuel efficient compared to the 1115 but the extra power would be nice in some installations.  For my app the 195 would not be nearly large enough and the 1115 is just about right.  I will be working it hard most of the time.  I was running it yesterday on a 50-50 mix of WVO and Voltesso xfmer oil at 1800 RPM with an EGT of 720F at the exhaust manifold.  Exhaust was clear.

I am liking my 1115 a lot so far.  I wish I had a second engine as a spare in backup.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.