News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

changfa clone ?'s

Started by d34, May 19, 2010, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d34

I'm posting this from my phone so I hope it works fine. I need a lil info. I found a generator that has either a 165f, 170f, or 175f on it. Can someone give me info on these engines?  Thanx
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

mobile_bob

air cooled approx 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5 hp iirc

bob g

d34

Thanx bob. What rpm and what kw is that equal to?  I'm assuming the gen head is 120v only. Wish I could get more info from the seller but that's all he knows.
S195 no gen head

d34

He said its from china diesel imports. The only parts they carry are for z170's so I'm gonna guess that is what size this is. Not sure what gen it has on it. Any guess at what it may be worth?
S195 no gen head

mobile_bob

if it works, maybe it is worth 400-500 bucks? that is if it is nice.
if it works, and looks rough, maybe 200-250 bucks?

if it don't work, maybe a bit less than scrap value?

if it is a 170 its probably about a 2.5kwatt gen, max.
so its not worth a lot, or at least it wouldn't be worth much to me.

personally i wouldn't put out much money for it, who knows what kind of shape it
is in, or what kind of maintenance it has had.

these are generally 3600rpm units which makes them a ticking bomb from what i have heard

it also depends on what you have in mind for it, if you only need power to take out in the back forty so you can
build a fence, or some other intermittent duty job, you might be perfectly happy with it.

if on the other hand you are looking for 8 plus hours per day for weeks on end, you probably will come to regret
the purchase unless you get it really cheap and don't expect much.

some of those little aircooled diesel gensets are pretty good, but from what i hear most are something less than acceptable.

bob g

d34

Quote from: mobile_bob on May 19, 2010, 08:13:36 PM
if it works, maybe it is worth 400-500 bucks? that is if it is nice.
if it works, and looks rough, maybe 200-250 bucks?

if it don't work, maybe a bit less than scrap value?

if it is a 170 its probably about a 2.5kwatt gen, max.
so its not worth a lot, or at least it wouldn't be worth much to me.

personally i wouldn't put out much money for it, who knows what kind of shape it
is in, or what kind of maintenance it has had.

these are generally 3600rpm units which makes them a ticking bomb from what i have heard

it also depends on what you have in mind for it, if you only need power to take out in the back forty so you can
build a fence, or some other intermittent duty job, you might be perfectly happy with it.

if on the other hand you are looking for 8 plus hours per day for weeks on end, you probably will come to regret
the purchase unless you get it really cheap and don't expect much.

some of those little aircooled diesel gensets are pretty good, but from what i hear most are something less than acceptable.

bob g

thanx for the info... i past on those gensets... i may be askin more questions soon... looks like a s195 will be shipped to me soon...
S195 no gen head

Apogee

d34,

If it's from China Diesel it might be a Jinma X195 like mine.  They stock almost every part for it.

Look here:

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=875.0

It's a 195.  Per China Diesel, all of the standard 195 parts fit except the head gasket.  I'm going to have some made.  If you snag it and it's an X195, let me know and I'll have a few extras made.

If it's the same as mine, it's got a Winco 8 kw head on it. 

Apparently they sold quite a few of these...

Regards,

Steve

d34

im not sure if the parts are the same or not, im sure mobile bob or hwew will know... i got the engine from hwew... thanx for the info and if the head gasket is the same and u have some made i will take 1 or 2...
S195 no gen head

mobile_bob

the engine in question is of recent manufacture, and is a DI engine
it uses the copper sandwich style head gskt, which is much stronger than the steel cored oem gasket as supplied
by changfa.

btw, nice to see the 195 getting a home with a fellow board member

bob g

Apogee

"...it uses the copper sandwich style head gskt, which is much stronger than the steel cored oem gasket as supplied
by changfa."

Bob,

I have a question about this:

Why, in your view, would the copper be stronger than the steel gasket?  My assumption is that the steel cored gaskets are better because the steel is physically stronger than the copper.  Hence, my assumption as to why the major manufacturers use them.  The latest and greatest sealing technology is using steel...  Is it cost???

I'm about to have head gaskets made for Lister CD, CE and the X195.  John recommended using steel cored composite with copper sealing rings.  I simply asked him for his best gasket material.

Why do you think the copper sandwich is better?

Thanks,

Steve

mobile_bob

the reason i posted the copper as better, is that the oem gskts work out that way
the copper ones have no history of failing while the oem steel cores fail at just about 7.2kwatt load @1800rpm

having said that the steel cored gskts from John are excellent and do not fail under overload and very overtemp conditions

btw, they are not interchangeable on the changfa type engine's, the copper generally fits to the id of the bore, while the steel
core fits around the circumference of the liner ledge.

in other words the steel core is about 1/4" larger in bore diameter

in fact the problem manifested itself by a cracking of the fire ring on the steel cored gskts, allowing combustion gasses to delaminate
and blow out to the water port nearest the crack.

i killed 3 of the oem gskts, and now use the S1100 style supplied by John at gaskets to go
and for my money i will not use anything other than his product in my changfa 195idi engines

bob g

mike90045

Anyone have a link for the right "gaskets to go" site ?  (dozens found by Google)

Ah Ha !! found this half way down:

QuotePer Henry's suggestion on another thread here, I would like to introduce my gasket service to those of you who are not already familiar with it. Gaskets-To-Go (gasketstogo.com) is a custom gasket manufacturer, with no tooling or set-up charges and no minimum order quantity for most gaskets. If you can't find the gasket you need I can help you.

I am also marketing a small variety of off-the-shelf gaskets for small engines such as Lister, Changfa, Honda GX series, Onan, etc. Currently the only site that I have up and running is www.listergaskets.com, where I sell gaskets for CS series Listers & Listeroids, but the Changfa and other sites should be up before too long.

I have an excellent gasket for the S195 Changfa, and will be selling those very soon via www.changfagaskets.com. At the moment I have listed 9 gaskets for small Chinese engines on the site, with details on bore size, thickness, etc. Some of these engines may have been marketed in the USA under other names. For example, the gasket that fits the Changfa S195 is marked S-1100-NA, and the gasket marked S-195-NA does not fit the S195 USA models! If you like a mystery, please visit the site and see if you can help me determine if any of those gaskets shown on the page fit models sold on the US market. It is quite possible that they are marketed there under more than one name, if they appear at all. Once I have that sorted I will be selling the ones that have been positively identified on the site.

Thanks for your attention, John Baker, owner www.gasketstogo.com & www.listergaskets.com 

So at listergaskets.com do the genuine Lister head gaskets, fit the 6/1 clones, or do the extra holes matter ?