News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

luckey find

Started by potter, May 14, 2010, 08:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter

I now have the genny in pieces all of the brush springs have rotted away but nothing that is not fixable by the look of it.

potter

Hi Chris it would not run after Floyd (1999) I do not know how long before this, and if you noticed from the first pics the roof of the shed it was in had collapsed and it was fully open to the weather, yeah a lunch sounds good.

Potter                                              

potter

Well slow progress gen head done time for engine.

LowGear

Will you be my brain surgeon?  Wow!  Talk about a successful return from the jowls of Satan.

Casey

Chris

Potter,
Nice job, but does it work? I may have some spares, brushes, various resisters etc. Just have to find the right junk box.

FYI Standard Hardware has an assortment of brushes in one of the drawers where they keep the bolts.

Chris

potter

Hi Chris thanks for the info, I have not tried it under load yet but it puts out fine not loaded and I have my hopes up.

Potter

Chris

Hey Potter, Do the start windings work?
Chris

potter

Yes the start windings are fine it all tests good charge side to just not tested with load yet :D

Potter

Chris

Chris

Hey potter,

I just had a call from Shawn Roberts in Cherokee. He has a Lister VA SOM that Rom helped him get some parts for to get it going. His problem now is that the transformer in the generator housing just got smoked!!. we are trying to figure out what the specs are for the transformer. Any ideas? or do you know of a spare somehere?

Chris

potter

No sorry Chris I have never seen specs on the transformer other than it is a currant transformer.I went digging in my many hiding places I thought I had a spare but could not locate it ill let you know if I locate one.

Potter