News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

veggy fueld hot water boiler ?

Started by Jens, May 13, 2010, 11:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Has anyone had any experience with a small hot water boiler capable of being fired with veg oil ?
Since the vast majority of my energy needs are based on hot water, I am thinking of exploring what is involved with heating water directly and having a diesel engine based generator strictly for electricity generation when needed.

d34

dont have experience but i did buy the murphy waste oil boiler plans... so in the future i will have 1 built, hopefully by next winter...
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

veggie

spencer1885

I use my generator just for battery charging and AC.
My hot water and central heating is done with a Omni waste oil fired boiler.
I have also got a thermobile waste oil workshop heater which i fitted a boiler to.
The thermobile only uses about 40 watts of power so i can leave it on all night with out it flattening my batteries.
I have a friend who has a chinese restaurant and have burnt veggie oil no problem.
You will find that you will have gallons of hot water and a very hot house!!!!

Bottleveg

I've been using a Kroll for the last two years for my heating and hot water. I use wmo but it will burn wvo.
http://www.krolluk.com/multifuel_burners.htm

spencer1885

My Omni is an excellent machine, very well engineered and maintenance free. It also has it's own compressor built in.
All waste oil fired burners will produce ash which is easily hoovered out of the combustion chamber.
The ash is white and very fine like flour.
I have two thermobile heaters, one is the frying pan type, the other is like the Omni, but very crude in its design.