News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Hello all!

Started by Cornelius, September 30, 2009, 07:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornelius

I thought i'd start my first post by congratulate you guys with a new forum.  :) And i'd say that SMF is a good choice. ;) (I'm a admin on a couple of SMF forums myself...)

I don't have any Lister or any of the other engine that are popular with you (i DO want one, but they're rare here in Norway), but i do have an old Yanmar PMX-8; one of the first Yanmar diesel engines, from '69 with one horizontal cylinder and a tank on top. This one i'm planning on setting up as a generator for my forklift batterybank, and use the heat from the engine to supplement heat to my toolshed.

I'm probably going to start with an car alternator, and in the future make an axial flux PM alternator for the Yanmar. Right now i'm in the progress of making a smaller axial flux 7' windmill (8 magnets, 6 coils; guesstimated power300-400W)

Hobbies worth mentioning are Restoration of vintage wooden boats (gasoline) engines, electronics and the making of good beverages... (Beer and wine. ;) )

I've just moved, so it may take some time before my projects get the time they deserves...  ;D

rcavictim

Welcome Cornelius!  We look forward to learning about your projects.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.