News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

China Diesel Engine Parts

Started by flywheel, April 26, 2010, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flywheel

I have found someone on the west coast who will import chinese diesel engine parts if there is enough interest.

At this time he DOES have some common parts in stock for the 195 & 1100 engines, mainly rings, pistons, gaskets and bearings. Are you listening vdubnut (1100 engine).

He needs to know if its wothwhile to order parts.  If you need or want to order any parts please reply.  At this time all I need to know is how much interest there is in a parts order. How many of you guys will want to order?

He has ordered parts for me several years ago, it usually takes about 6 weeks.
                                                                                                           flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

Apogee

Definitely would be interested.

Also, food for thought, could we buy a Redstone in parts from New Juling and ship it back?  If so, I'd be game....

Thx!

Steve

vdubnut62

Yes Flywheel I are listening!
I have a set of rings, but want possibly a sleeve & piston depends on prices.
I would like mains, rods maybe a gasket or two...... I'm guessing the roller and ball bearings can be sourced locally?
Sorry, I am a tightass, I need intervention!
Not meaning to change the subject, but after a sho' nuff muffler on this thing, I have a HORRIBLE knock. I don't know, maybe gear backlash? Diesel knock?  Sounds like it's in the top end.   Shut the fuel off and it goes away as it coasts to a stop.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on April 26, 2010, 03:30:39 PM
Yes Flywheel I are listening!
I have a set of rings, but want possibly a sleeve & piston depends on prices.
I would like mains, rods maybe a gasket or two...... I'm guessing the roller and ball bearings can be sourced locally?
Sorry, I am a tightass, I need intervention!
Not meaning to change the subject, but after a sho' nuff muffler on this thing, I have a HORRIBLE knock. I don't know, maybe gear backlash? Diesel knock?  Sounds like it's in the top end.   Shut the fuel off and it goes away as it coasts to a stop.
Ron

Ron - my bet is diesel knock, they are LOUD and the diesel knock is loud in the singles.  If you have never had a muffler on it you probably didn't hear it while it was running.  Perhaps your timing may also be off a bit. 

The first time I ran a single with a muffler installed I thought it had a rod knock.  You will notice the diesel knock more at lower speeds when its picking up rpm's - I believe your engine is also a idi engine and it will be louder than a di engine.

flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

mobile_bob

my s195 sounds like it is crunching a ball brg with each piston firing, it is loud and it is harsh
it seems to be better at full rpm, at full operating temperatures, and it is better burning a mix of 50/50
motor oil/diesel fuel.

just part of the appeal of these engines, none of this sissy thump, chugga, thumb for a changfa owner
we want none of that!   8)

if it ain't bang, bang, bang, it ain't running!

:)

bob g

OilCan

Never saw a part I didn't want...put me down!

rcavictim

Quote from: OilCan on April 26, 2010, 08:22:06 PM
Never saw a part I didn't want...put me down!

I wouldn't put a fellow down just because he never saw a part he didn't want.  Wouldn't be right!  Hell if you saw the clutter of parts I have drug home it'd be like calling the kettle black.  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

I feel better finding that I'm not the only one with an obsessive-compulsive part hoarding disorder. My dear Sweet Wife, calls my collection parts stock "that damn junk pile".
Women never understand ;D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on April 27, 2010, 06:39:23 PM
I feel better finding that I'm not the only one with an obsessive-compulsive part hoarding disorder. My dear Sweet Wife, calls my collection parts stock "that damn junk pile".
Women never understand ;D
Ron

A successful DIY'er could not operate without that home parts inventory.  If you had collected a large pile of Beany Babies would your wife be more supportive and understanding?
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

akghound

Man I'm the lucky one. My wife actually finds junk for me to bring home. Just the other day I mentioned that I was running out of junk. She is absolutely amazed what guys like us an do with a pile of "junk parts".  :D
Sure if there was a reliable supplier of chinese parts I would buy from him when I needed to.
I have a Changfa 1115 to rebuild. :o
Ken Gardner
One Day At A Time 
2000 F450 7.3 Powerstroke / Home Built WVO conversion
96 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 / Homebuilt WVO conversion
Listeroid Generator on used ATF
Living off grid

wrightkiller

I suffer from {OCPHD} also I'am glad I"am not the only one... :D ;D.

rcavictim

Quote from: wrightkiller on April 28, 2010, 05:24:00 AM

Need to form a OCPHD self help group.  Useful for sharing tips on finding more neat stuff!  ;D

AdeV

Quote from: rcavictim on April 28, 2010, 07:52:18 AM
Quote from: wrightkiller on April 28, 2010, 05:24:00 AM

Need to form a OCPHD self help group.  Useful for sharing tips on finding more neat stuff!  ;D

I thought this was it ??? ;D
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

mobile_bob

finding more stuff???

no way man!

once you get past a certain level of iron, and reach critical mass, the damn stuff breeds and you will never
have to go looking for more stuff,, it just magically appears every time you turn your back.

i can clean out a 6ft by 6ft space in the middle of my shop, go get something to drink and comeback only to find
12ft by 12ft of new junk occupying the space i just cleaned out.

i call it the "old iron" law, wherein

"nature and shop space abhor a vacuum"

something will always come along to fill it.

bob g

rcavictim

Quote from: mobile_bob on April 28, 2010, 08:42:02 AM
"nature and shop space abhor a vacuum"

bob g

I though the expression was "Mother Nature abhors a vacuum, and she won't pick up a broom either!"  :D