News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

who has cogen

Started by admin, April 13, 2010, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

All right you two, Lloyd and Elnav, the  VW heater uses fresh air drawn in by the cooling fan, forced through a paper/foil tube then into
an exhaust heat exchanger complete with dampers that are cable operated, then into the cabin of the car.
No actual engine or cylinder head heat is used, just exhaust. Not the safest system in the world.
Elnav, your Guardian Angel  was watching!
Ron

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

elnav

QuoteElnav, your Guardian Angel  was watching!
Ron

Amen to that! By now I have outlived the proverbial cat with nine lives.  But that is anudder story.   :)

Lloyd

Hey Ron...

That's what I said
Quote from: Lloyd on May 03, 2010, 12:48:51 PM
Enlav,

I think you misunderstood, there would never be any co as the it is seperate, the water can't carry co to the...you would be heating the water and then using the hw for domestic heat...I think the old vw's used air to air...just like the old Chev Corvair's.

Lloyd

I just forgot to say air to air heatX, as that's what we were talking about.

Enlav,

You must be familiar with an air to water heatX as used in marine refrigeration, those units can be pretty effective...so you just need shroud the engine in a well insulated...could be a well insulated sound shield, add an air intake and a outlet, place the air to water heatX at the outlet w/a fan to draw air through the finned-tube heatX...of course it won't be as efficient as a water cooled...but I imagine there is considerable heat to get at.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.