News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Anyone in northern CA looking for a 12/2?

Started by Jedon, April 07, 2010, 07:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedon

playdiesel

I doubt he is a member selling for that price? Shouldnt take more than a glance for anyone closer than 3 states to snatch it up even if for resale. There was a 6/1 out that way on Craigs list just a few days ago for like $500, people in Ca must not get to town much or hard up for cash ???
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

miket

I suppose like the 6-1s and such, a full teardown and cleaning is in order?

I about 45 miles away and thinking it over closely.  What is a good AC head size for a 12-2?

I s'pose it will fit in the S-10 jimmy.

I have too many projects already though!

AWWW, what the hell... go big or go home, right?

mike

playdiesel

Quote from: miket on April 08, 2010, 11:30:20 AM
I suppose like the 6-1s and such, a full teardown and cleaning is in order?

I about 45 miles away and thinking it over closely.  What is a good AC head size for a 12-2?

I s'pose it will fit in the S-10 jimmy.

I have too many projects already though!

AWWW, what the hell... go big or go home, right?

mike

Quit think'en and get there with some cash before he finds out what they sell for now!

!
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

XYZER

Quote from: playdiesel on April 08, 2010, 10:03:47 AM
people in Ca must not get to town much or hard up for cash ???
Downeyville is a long way from town.......
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

Jedon

I'm 40 minutes from town, this is not too much further!

Driving directions to Downieville Post Office, Downieville, CA 95936
42.2 mi – about 1 hour 8 mins

playdiesel

Quote from: Jens on April 08, 2010, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: playdiesel on April 08, 2010, 11:36:10 AM
Quit think'en and get there with some cash before he finds out what they sell for now!

Exactly what IS the going price for a 12/2 clone these days. Yes it is new but technically is used so I am thinking the asking price is a fair price and not a steal.
BTW, I have a 20/2 and although I have not yet run into the supposed weaknesses of a twin (camshaft being one of these) I am still thinking that I would have been better off with two 10/1's

Well, depending on who might actually have one it is about half price. Quotes I have on engines that actualy exist and can be picked up today range from 3200 to over 4K. Prices from places that dont have one to sell can be whatever they wish to quote eh?
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

playdiesel

Well, its on Ebay now and already more than he was asking with 5 days left, guess we will see what people are willing to pay?
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

LowGear

Willing to pay and willing to bid are, unfortunately sometimes very different numbers.  Got the Ebay link for the lazy?

Casey

JohnF

Check out my post in items for sale for new 6/1's and 12/2's
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!