we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Battery anyone ?

Started by Jens, April 07, 2010, 03:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

one big ass battery huh?

hmmm, lets see
i will take one please, and maybe if it comes charged i won't have to worry about recharging it in my lifetime?

and no, i suspect they don't use an outback inverter with that battery  :)

bob g

Halfcrazy

Do you supose they are charging it with a 6/1 and a modified st head for dc charging? and using wvo in the lister? ;D

mobile_bob

yes, with a jimmy blower and nitrous!

bob g

rl71459

the jimmy blower and nitrous sounds good to me! ;D

Rob

rcavictim

Quote from: rl71459 on April 08, 2010, 04:56:46 PM
the jimmy blower and nitrous sounds good to me! ;D

Rob

I had a V6-71 blower on the 350 SB chevy in my 70 Chevelle.  Sounded good to me too!   ;D  Sounded like you were at the airport.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Jedon

I own two twin turbo cars, 1993 Mazda RX-7 and 2006 Subaru STi, the RX-7 makes nice spooling whooshing noises ( It's heavily modified ) but the STi is pretty quiet.
I wonder if I can use the turbos off the RX-7 to generate water power :-D

rl71459

Cool

Our forum has some true "Gear Heads" I like it! ;D

Rob

vdubnut62

I was making a delivery in Nashville,TN. at a generator shop when I came face to face with the biggest Detroit diesel I have ever seen.
It was a V-12 with a couple blowers sitting on top with 4 turbos plumbed into the blowers! The thing was direct coupled to a huge generator.
I wanted to hear it run so bad........ :'( I still have wet dreams over it.  Never mind. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Crumpite

Quote from: vdubnut62 on April 08, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
I was making a delivery in Nashville,TN. at a generator shop when I came face to face with the biggest Detroit diesel I have ever seen.
It was a V-12 with a couple blowers sitting on top with 4 turbos plumbed into the blowers! The thing was direct coupled to a huge generator.
I wanted to hear it run so bad........ :'( I still have wet dreams over it.  Never mind. ::)
Ron

I saw one something like that hooked up to a high pressure water system.
You could *not* believe the noise !!!!!
That thing would cut an inch of concrete by a foot in length off at a swath, it took four strong men just to hold the wand.
And I don't believe it was at full power at that.

I saw it later hooked to a power cleaning head that went into a reactor vessel that was full of waste plastic that had deposited in there.
There it *was* running at full power - on the other side of a reinforced concrete building wall three feet thick you couldn't hear someone yelling in your ear.
The ground shook, the walls shook, dust came down from the ceiling...
Football sized pieces of plastic were found on the other side of a six story building 300 yards away...
You could see a rainbow from a quarter mile away.

Later I got to hold the lance as we did some reboiler cleaning in our plant.
The guy on the deadman switch looked away for a second, and I rode the lance up in the air about four feed before he could get his foot off of the switch.
The engine was idiling and the pressure was cut back as far as they could, and still I'm quite sure it could have cut a man in half before you could blink your eye.

Dear Lord - I'm glad you brought that memory back !!!
Fun times in the chem plant.  :)
Daryl

d34

Quote from: vdubnut62 on April 08, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
Ron

how far are you from Nashville?  I'm about 3 hours to the west in Missouri...
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank