News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Hello from Ratman2

Started by Ratman2, April 01, 2010, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratman2

Hello.
I recently joined the forum and thought I should say hello to you all.
I'm in Lincolnshire in the UK, I'm a car mechanic (but I don't like cars so don't ask) ;D But I do like KISS engineering. I have a complete and working Lister CS Start 'O' Matic that will soon be the heart of my CHP project. I have another CS 6/1 that is seized with standing and water ingress, but rest assured, it will run again. I also have a little LD1 awaiting a rebuild, I intend to use this one for battery charging. And lastly I have another little Lister SR, again awaiting rebuild.
Other projects include a home built wind generator and a solar heat collector (water)
Well! that's me. I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully contribute in some way.

Rob
KISS Engineering is the saviour of mankind.

mobile_bob

welcome aboard Rob!

i am a mid/heavy diesel mechanic by trade, and i hate trucks too!  go figure

:)

always nice to see some new blood in here.

btw, if the piston is stuck in the bore, just fill it with clean water with a few drops of dishwashing detergent
and let it set for a day or two,, the piston will then work loose much easier.

learned that one from an ancient old junkyard dog, and it works better than any oil, solvent or special stuff i have ever used.

bob g

lowspeedlife

Welcome Rob, happy to have you aboard. If you are the Ratman from the LEF, I just looked at your photos of your SOM, it looks very nice indeed. if not, you would be the 2nd ratman I know with a SOM.
   Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

vdubnut62

Welcome Rob aka ratman2 !
Well I drive the heavy truck and as I spend 'way too much time looking out of one, I sure don't want to either work on one or have a truck parked where I have to look at it.
Other than that, part time farmer, full time old country boy from Tennessee USA ( the cultural center of the world ::))
I hope you enjoy the forum!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Ratman2

Quote from: lowspeedlife on April 01, 2010, 04:53:33 PM
Welcome Rob, happy to have you aboard. If you are the Ratman from the LEF, I just looked at your photos of your SOM, it looks very nice indeed. if not, you would be the 2nd ratman I know with a SOM.
   Scott R.

Hello Scott.
Yes I am Ratman on Lister Engine Forum. My SOM is in original condition, it had been stood on a pallet in the previous owners shed for 35 years, inside the wall box is the original card of fuse wire as suplied by Lister.
How lucky am I?? ;D ;D
Thanks for the welcome from you all and I hope I can contribute to the forum in some way.

Rob
KISS Engineering is the saviour of mankind.