READY TO BUY A 1115 23HP CHANGFA, HELP PLEASE?

Started by Bluecometk, March 11, 2010, 05:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

do you really need a 23hp engine? i mean really?

HWEW, has a pair of DI s195 electric start engines, an st12 and frame all for about 2 grand listed for sale

and it is all assembled and ready to run.

iirc it is good to around 7.5-8kwatts peak output, and surge capacity is probably quite high.

just something to consider

bob g

Bluecometk

Hey mobile_bob thanks for the info on the engines.
I am going to need every horsepower I can get. I have a very hungry house. All electric, six burner elec stove electric Grill, two convecting ovens, 100 gallon electric water heater, electric drier, and the grand daddy of them all a Geothermal water furnace. This doesn't even count the shop equipment or the hobby stuff Or the two children that can turn every light in the house on in under thirty seconds (They have been secretly timed). They could bring even the mighty Changfa to its knees in seconds. Normally all the loads aren't on at the same time, but that rare occasion when the planets align and everybody has to have every knob or switch turned on in the house I need to be ready.

I will be adding a diesel battery charging Gen later to offset the Solar system.

Yes I know even the mighty Changfa will not be up to this mountainous load but its a start.

Still looking for a big Changfa

Bluecometk
Bluecometk

Bluecometk

Jens yes sir I do realize that the Gen will have low load times however few and far between they may be. This Gen will only be for day/peak usage. Lower load times /night I am working on a smaller Gen for this duty. I purchased a 8kw ST head and I have been running a 10hp Yanmar with it but it just comes up short when the 2hp well pump and the water furnace is on second stage. I have been looking at the newer 13+ hp Yanmar's from Winsun. I think the extra few ponies will carry me through the low KW times. Once I have everything worked out I will change the 13hp Winsun Yanmar out for the appropriate Changfa, Lister, Redstone.

This will also free up the Yanmar's for other duties, Tractor, Go Kart, Stuff.

Thanks again for the imput. Its never to late to learn.

Bluecometk 
Bluecometk

d34

Quote from: mobile_bob on April 09, 2010, 10:12:56 AM
do you really need a 23hp engine? i mean really?

HWEW, has a pair of DI s195 electric start engines, an st12 and frame all for about 2 grand listed for sale

and it is all assembled and ready to run.

iirc it is good to around 7.5-8kwatts peak output, and surge capacity is probably quite high.

just something to consider

bob g

where is this posted? i guess i overlooked it...
GM90 6/1 ST5 (ready for emergency)
Changfa ZS1105GNM with 10kw gen head
S195 no gen head
1600 watts of solar panels are now here waiting for install
2635 watts of solar panels, Outback 3648 & 3048 Inverters, MX60, Mate
840Ah (20 hr rate) 48v battery bank & 660Ah (8 hr rate) 48v battery bank

rcavictim

If you need lots-o-power here is what you want.  The dealer is in Prince George, BC.  Price is $1500.  Seems like a fair deal since this is a big-un like you want and the fact that China engine dealers are getting scarce here due to EPA.

Usual disclaimer, not my buddy, I never even been to Duluth, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIESEL-ENGINE-30-HP-SINGLE-CYLINDER-BRAND-NEW-HEAVY-/270379154636?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ef3da7ccc
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

XYZER

Quote from: rcavictim on April 01, 2010, 04:58:51 PM
Quote from: playdiesel on April 01, 2010, 07:51:29 AM
no problems other than the fuel shut off is bass ackwards, (at least to me it is, handle in line with the fuel line is off, cross wise is on???) and I had to reprime it due to me havingthe fuel shutt off.

My Changfa 1115 has the same bass ackwards fuel shutoff ball valve.  Someone there clearly doesn't know about the Global Convention on this type of valve control.  Had me confused too!
It appears China copied everything the Japanese did on the original horizontal diesels. My Kubota EA500 NB has the same screwy water drain valve
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

rcavictim

The water drain ball valve on my Changfa 1115, unlike the fuel turn off valve, actually follows 'in-line lever position means open convention'.  Go figure.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

mobile_bob

both petcocks on my 195 are basakwards, got rid of the water petcock and soon will get rid of the fuel cock

there ought to be an international treaty and agreement when it comes to petcocks, if the dang thing is in line
it should be open, and when perpendicular it should be closed,, whats so hard to understand with that?

its a plot i tell ya, a plot!

:)

bob g

playdiesel

Quote from: mobile_bob on May 10, 2010, 04:33:31 PM
both petcocks on my 195 are basakwards, got rid of the water petcock and soon will get rid of the fuel cock

there ought to be an international treaty and agreement when it comes to petcocks, if the dang thing is in line
it should be open, and when perpendicular it should be closed,, whats so hard to understand with that?

its a plot i tell ya, a plot!

:)

bob g
I agree, totally defies common sense but as my two boys would say, from a land that would name a diesel engine a "Golden Flying Fish" what should surprise us? LOL
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate