News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

pocket oscilloscope

Started by 12gauge, March 01, 2010, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

Hi Bruce,

I would be curios on your thoughts of this little unit ?

http://www.syscompdesign.com/CGR101.html

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

SHIPCHIEF

I really like the idea.
I have a FLUKE handheld O scope at work, a 105. So spendy, yet so portable.
That looks like a nice compromise.
On the other hand, I have a super cool Tektronix 516 benchtop model that's all tubes. I got it for $50 on ebay. It works pretty good too. Mostly I just look at it and marvel at the construction (!!).
Mostly I use a $29 B&K I also got on Ebay. I think the shipping was about the same as the price.

BruceM

Looks like a nice PC scope, though I can't use them (laptops and most digital gear) myself and I don't know that product market.

rcavictim

Quote from: Lloyd on March 12, 2010, 09:08:19 PM
Hi Bruce,

I would be curios on your thoughts of this little unit ?

http://www.syscompdesign.com/CGR101.html

Holy schmokeroonies Lloyd!

That looks like one powerful and versatile little USB powered module!  Too bad it is only 2 MHz analog BW (20 MHz sampling rate) but with all the other features it has over and above being just an o-scope I am very tempted to buy one myself for my laptop.  It can act as a 8 channel data gathering device.  It's PWM output can be used to develp DC motor controllers for EV projects.  Best for me is the manufacturer is local in Toronto. and the $189 CDN price tag is almost like free for an instrument of this power level.

I must study this more!  Thanx for the heads up!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Lloyd

RCA

They have a big brother coming out soon, as listed on their web site. I think they have the specs on it.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

12gauge

Just an update and thanks again for you guys input that steered me in this direction.  I bought a goldstar 20mhz oscope on ebay for a hundred bucks and it has helped me solve my st-5 problem. :)  I had some voltage spikes in the top of the waveform.  I'm going to enjoy owning this tool. 
Best to all,
RH

Wizard

12gauge,  What was the solution? Please and best idea to leave details in. :)

Cheers, Wizard

12gauge

Wizard,
I refer you to Alternators and Generators>ST and STC Generators>STC-10 AVR and Capacitors.  It was that voltage regulator problem that got me interested in an oscilloscope.  If you still have questions, let me know.
RH