This is great!! A place for us Changfa / Chinese Diesel owners.

Started by Henry W, September 21, 2009, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Lets get to work. There is much to post.

Henry

Changfa_Randy

Ah, yes, I was wishing for a Changfa section. I was tired of being "other".

veggie

I broke down in tears when I saw the Changfa section.  :-)

THE MIGHTY CHANGFA LIVES!!!
We are no longer a lowly band of outcast noisy diesel owners!

Cheers,
Veggie

Henry W

Hello Veggie,
Good to see you here.

I posted instructions in General Discussion.
Look for: How to attach pictures

Henry

mobile_bob

i brought my bean bag chair and a lava light!

nice big empty room for us changfa lovers to get together and make some noise!!!

yesssss

;D

bob g

veggie

Jeeeeez Bob !

I just noticed in your post that you have over 10 Changfa's. (5 of them being 195's)
Are you opening a store ?
What do you do with all those engines?

Veggie

mobile_bob

hell i don't know,, i guess i really, really like changfa's?

lol

bob g

rcavictim

Quote from: veggie on September 22, 2009, 11:22:52 AM
Jeeeeez Bob !

I just noticed in your post that you have over 10 Changfa's. (5 of them being 195's)
Are you opening a store ?
What do you do with all those engines?

Veggie

I think it is his way of repentance for buying so many Isuzu reefer engines.   :D

Hi friends!  First post here.  I was wondering where you all went from Lister Engine Forum.  I must have missed an important notice.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

rcavictim

Quote from: Jens on September 23, 2009, 12:59:55 PM
Quote from: rcavictim on September 23, 2009, 12:07:33 PM
I was wondering where you all went from Lister Engine Forum.  I must have missed an important notice.

This is what happens when you hide your email address in your profile :)
Only about half of the old forum members had their email visible and got the "important notice" :)
Well actually only those that had a minimum of 10 postings were notified. I copied all the emails by hand and if I had not cut off at 10 postings I would still be typing next year ....

Jens

Jens,

I hadn't realized I was hiding anything since I had PM enabled and linked to my email address.  Unlike many others I have also always disclosed my location in my Profile.  Jason informed me about this new site today after I just happened to ask him if he knew what happened to LEF.  He told me you are to thank for setting up this new place.  Thank you!!!!!!  Too bad we couldn't have kept our Post Number Seniority.  Any chances of that as an 'upgrade'?   ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

XYZER

Quote from: Jens on September 23, 2009, 06:26:02 PM
Re the number of posts. from what I understand of the underlying software it is either impossible or too much work to carry that count in. If the entire data structure from the old forum was available that might possibly happen when the old info is imported but that is not likely to happen (IMHO)

Jens

We are born again! ;D
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

rcavictim

Quote from: XYZER on September 23, 2009, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: Jens on September 23, 2009, 06:26:02 PM
Re the number of posts. from what I understand of the underlying software it is either impossible or too much work to carry that count in. If the entire data structure from the old forum was available that might possibly happen when the old info is imported but that is not likely to happen (IMHO)

Jens

We are born again! ;D

Well let's hope we can be a lot better than that::)

john stoffel

Wow this is like walking into a new Changfa Store filled with new engines and shelves stocked with parts. This is cool. WOW. I like it.  ;D

mobile_bob

John:

did you ever get your starter situation sorted out? did you find another or get yours fixed?

lost track of you for a while and either never heard what the resolution was or i forgot?

bob g

john stoffel

After spending about $500.00 on 3 different starters that were "guaranteed" to be the right one (which none were) I gave up and rebuilt the original one using parts from the 3 I purchased. It was an expensive lesson for sure. I still have hopes of finding a GM/Ford starter that will work, it's out there somewhere. My dream is to be able to walk into NAPA and get one off the shelf. ;D

Shipo

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW