we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

nice parts score

Started by mobile_bob, February 13, 2010, 07:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

bid and won this on ebay for .99 cents, the freight was a bit steep
but there are many parts that the s195 has in common with the s1100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190371208047&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

the picture was so poor, but it looks like i got a pair of main brgs, a pair of valves, a head gskt, and a few seals that can be used in a 195
maybe an injector that might fit the 195di engine, albeit a higher flow rate probably,,, maybe a hot rod project?  nah

if anyone needs the tooling let me know, as i really don't need more of that.
i will give anyone needing the tooling free of charge, just pay shipping and its yours
otherwise it will go in the dumpster.

bob g

veggie

Buddy, you should go buy a lottery ticket today!
Nice find.

veggie

vdubnut62

Bob you dawg! And here in TN to beat all! 135 miles from me!  Gimme a holler and I will take what doesn't fit your 195 off your hands
for at least 100% profit  ::);D
Good score!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Henry W

Good find Bob,

I am trying to figure out what the red object is behind the head gasket.

Henry

flywheel

Quote from: hwew on February 13, 2010, 10:28:47 PM
Good find Bob,

I am trying to figure out what the red object is behind the head gasket.

Henry
[/quote
I believe the red object (plate with holes ) goes on top of the hopper and the other red plastic thingies  are connectors for hoses that attach to the plate.  I think I have the same items here.
                                                                                                           flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

Henry W

I believe you are right. It is so hard to see what is there.

Henry

flywheel

Can you see now!
Included is a set of rings, water seal o rings, crank oil seals, copper washers, rod bearings - Marked s195 std on their backs, 1100 uses same rod bearings as the s195, valves, some gaskets, bolts for puller, feeler guae and some other items. In the other tool kit I can see a set of main sleeve bearings.  My head gasket is not shown in this picture
            flywheel

flywheel

In the red tool kit you should also find a high pressure fuel pipe, 2 sleeve bearings, injector nozzle body with needle, pump element ( plunger and barrel ), 2 fuel filters, and 2 valve springs, valve grinding compound and hand starting crank.  If they have not been used or removed.
This is in addition to the tools, puller, and other items in the tool kit.
                                     flywheel

vdubnut62

Please don't horse laugh me outta here, but just what the hell is this, and what is it for? ???
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on February 14, 2010, 10:43:37 PM
Please don't horse laugh me outta here, but just what the hell is this, and what is it for? ???
Ron

Valve dismantle tool, place it over valve springs, push down , remove keepers. Works slicker than snot on a doorknob, One in every tool kit.
                                           flywheel

vdubnut62

I suspected that was what it was for, but when I tried it, it just bent! Jethro Beaudeen at work again!
Ron :D

mobile_bob

well the parts kit came in today, here is what i got for .99cents and about 15bucks shipping

2- main brg bushings, should also fit the 195
1-set big end brgs, which i know will fit the 195
1-exhaust valve, should also fit
1-intake valve,
1-valve spring
2-keepers
1-main seal
1-starter shaft seal
1- injector kit,
1- delivery valve kit
1-cam bushing
1-set of std rings for a 1100
1- 1100 headgskt, will also fit my 195idi
1-feeler gage set
1-incredibly cheap screwdriver
many copper washers of different sizes
a top plate for the water hopper, with fittings to make a thermosiphon to remote radiator setup
a valve spring lever compressor
a fuel filter
an oil filter
an oil pump screen
another pair of rod big end bolts.

none of the other stuff like pullers and crank handle, which i don't need anyway.

all in all, i think i made out like a bandit

very pleased with the stuff, most of which will be useful i am sure.

bob g

rbodell

Quote from: vdubnut62 on February 14, 2010, 10:43:37 PM
Ron

Isn't that the doohickey next to the thing-a-majig that makes the dowhatzit do whatever it is supposed to do?

MMM maybe not, if it was, wouldn't it have a dojigger on it too?
I am looking forward to senility,
you meet so many new friends
every day.

vdubnut62

Why Yes! Certainly, maybe, sort of, I guess so, probably that too ::).
Ron

rbodell

Quote from: vdubnut62 on February 22, 2010, 03:17:42 PM
Why Yes! Certainly, maybe, sort of, I guess so, probably that too ::).
Ron
Ahhh thanks for straightening that out for me. I wasn't really positive about that.
I am looking forward to senility,
you meet so many new friends
every day.