News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Here is a nice engine I would like to get.

Started by Henry W, February 12, 2010, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Here is what you need to put in your Caravan.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2324021221484639&item=28-1637&catname=engines

All the power you will need. ;D You will not need to rev it to 3000 or 4000 to get the power. It would make a great cruiser.

Open the pdf below.

Henry

rcavictim

Quote from: hwew on February 12, 2010, 08:49:49 PM
Here is what you need to put in you Caravan.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2324021221484639&item=28-1637&catname=engines

All the power you will need. ;D You will not need to rev it to 3000 or 4000 to get the power. It would make a great cruiser.

Open the pdf below.

Henry

That looks like a nice engine!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

veggie

Quote from: hwew on February 12, 2010, 08:32:58 PM
Quote from: veggie on February 12, 2010, 08:23:09 PM

Henry,

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to get one.
Same reasons as the Listeroids.
Canada soon to be in the same boat  :(

veggie

Come on,

Don't underestimate what can be done here in the U.S.
I am talking about a legal engine being brought in. With all the proper papers.

Henry

You won't be able to get the "proper papers". The engines most likely don't meet EPA regulations for emissions standards.
If they do meet the reg's, then I think you would have a nice little engine there.
Good luck,

veggie

Henry W

Veggie,

There you go with the negetive waves again. ::) You need a little faith.

It still can be done.
I am not bringing one in to sell.

Henry

veggie

Perhaps consider one of these instead....
Probably cheaper by the time all costs are considered.
Real Listers !, brand new, and available in the USA.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-LISTER-TR3-DIESEL-ENGINE-BUILD-8_W0QQitemZ220384075108QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Generators?hash=item334fea1d64

Niiiiice !

veggie

Henry W

No,

I don't like Lister green. And double the price.

What good are they anyways . They are air cooled.

Well they might make a nice expensive hair dryer. ;D

veggie

Henry,

You should never have sold your GM90 listeroid.  :)
Are you sure we can't talk you into getting another 6/1 ?

veggie

flywheel

Quote from: hwew on February 12, 2010, 10:25:20 PM
No,

I don't like green. And double the price.

What good are they anyways . They are air cooled.

Nothing wrong with green as long as its John Deere green!!
                                                                                  Flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

Henry W

That is why I always owned  New Holland or Kubota tractors. :)

Henry W

My opinion is the GM-90 was a better engine than the listeroid ever was. An updated oiling system but still crude. Internal ballancing was nice. And Direct Injection made it start very easy in cold weather. But 6 hp is not enough for my main power.

I want an engine that will run at 1800 anyways. I don't want to deal with light's flickering because the engine is running so Sloooooow  ;).

Running an alternator and using an inverter would work on a GM-90 though.

Henry

Henry W

I would settle for one of these for a show piece. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPkeXvJ_HQ&NR=1

Finding one at a cheap price is impossible. There were about a 1000 made.
And what about spare parts. ???

Henry

Wizard

And caravan emissions is free and in the clear on that model year 1987 so I don't care what engine is put in but rather put diesel in.

Even with high torque of the "super star" 39hp twin the is too low for the needs?  Most of driving and accelerating I do is between 1500-2500, 3000 for high acceleration if necessary.  But the strong torque like this with heavy flywheel?  Just curious.

Cheers, Wizard

Henry W

You could look for a Nissan SD-22 or SD-25 diesel engine. They were a nice running engine.

But my all time favorite mini p/u diesel engine was the Mazda S2 diesel engine. Perkins gave Mazda the rights to build the S2 engine for industrial and marine applications.

These engines were also used in the 1981 to 1984 Mazda B2200 P/U.
They were also put into the 1983 to 1984 only Ford Ranger P/U.

If you find a 1985 and above Ranger diesel P/U run away from it. They were the worst engine in a mini p/u in the U.S.

Isuzu PUP diesel pickup were ok but they had a belt driven camshaft. Replacing the belt was easy.

Henry

Henry W

Quote from: hwew on February 12, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
That is why I always owned  New Holland or Kubota tractors. :)

Flywheel I was just kidding, I think John Deere green is a good color for farm equipment and other power equipment. You can find the color almost any place.

Henry

vdubnut62

Henry, I was just a fixin' to give you what fer! :D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous