News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Here is a nice engine I would like to get.

Started by Henry W, February 12, 2010, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

This one is rated at 12 hp @ 1800 rpm.

They are still made and some of these engines have over 50,000 hours on them.

I have the service manual for the one and two cylinder engines and from what I see they are simple and very well designed. The crank can be reground to four under size bearings. They are wet sleaved.

The engine is direct injected with full pressure lube.

I am looking into the posibility to get one.

Henry

veggie

Very nice.
Integrated cooling system also.

What's the make, and where are they sold ?

veggie

rcavictim

Must vibrate like crazy.  Look at all those radiating cracks in the concrete foundation!  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

They are from overseas. That is all I can give out at this time.

If I can get one here and go through it and run it, and if I like it then I will give out the info.

I will be the guinea pig here.

Henry

Shipo

C'mon Henry ...there isn't secret in the internet ;) ...I like the two Cyl 25HP ;D ;D....Good Luck
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

rcavictim

Quote from: hwew on February 12, 2010, 08:13:27 AM
They are from overseas. That is all I can give out at this time.

If I can get one here and go through it and run it, and if I like it then I will give out the info.

I will be the guinea pig here.

Henry

Henry,

I don't understand why you would care if someone else, one of your friends here in fact would also own one of these engines and that the opportunity for them to do so should somehow weigh on your personal like or dislike of the engine.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

Ok guy's,

You guy's in Canada should be able to buy these with no problem.
Let me know what price you come up with.
They are much more than a Listeroid or Chanfa type engine. But for what you get it should last a long time.

http://www.motosan.com/

Henry

Wizard

That twin engine 39HP develops nearly 95-98 KGM I converted it to about 70ft-lb.

For comparsion, my 1987 caravan 2.2L gas 4 cylinder engine develops 96hp 5200rpm 112ft-lb 3200rpm but it's not strong where I need it for acceleration in low rpms (1600-2200rpm) and way it is so draggy in the power train, 3 speed automatic, I couldn't spin engine high enough till road speed is above 20km/h then engine catches its breath and roared.  Wshful thought: Wouldn't that little 2 cylinder engine help as I need all the torque low down there on tap?

What appeals most to me is totally mechanical stuff.  I also considering the VW TDI 1.9L but it requires computer to run.

Cheers, Wizard

Shipo

A proud American Engineering.... ;) ;)

"The Super Star was designed in U.S.A. under the high performance standards of "GENERAL MOTORS" for a powerful, heavy duty, economical and trouble free engine."

Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

TimSR2

Wizard:

You should consider  the 3.0 liter Mitsubishi in that van...much more satisfying, same gas mileage. They have lots of power.  Find a low mileage 92 to 95 with a 3 speed auto and a MMC 3.0 and enjoy! I get 26 mpg. 58 liters fuel = 500 km Dead reliable too. I'm on my third one now.

TimSR2

TimSR2

FWIW I have a Turkish speaking translator from Istanbul who is a good friend...

Tim

veggie

Henry,

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to get one.
Same reasons as the Listeroids.
Canada soon to be in the same boat  :(

veggie

Henry W

I know I would like to try getting a single. We might need a Turkish translator. I feel these engines are very well built.

I think GM sold their good reliable designs to other countries. I think GM was looking at their Wallet to much and decided to cut down on reliability so customers have to purchase another product sooner. ;)

Henry

Henry W

Quote from: veggie on February 12, 2010, 08:23:09 PM

Henry,

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to get one.
Same reasons as the Listeroids.
Canada soon to be in the same boat  :(

veggie

Come on,

Don't underestimate what can be done here in the U.S.
I am talking about a legal engine being brought in. With all the proper papers.

Henry

Wizard

I'm "gun-shy" of V6 engines in tight engine bay especially in FWD.  Especially when I'm on own and have to do maintain tasks and repairs ease dictates inline engines.  And I'm more in favor of diesel for much needed low-rpm high torque as I am bit slightly frustrated with tinkering ignition and fuel tuning.  I'm wondering if engine is not 100% or the ancient spark computer control is holding back the 2.2 full power potential.

Lot of research and read lot of owners' stories at good forums regarding Mitsu 3.0 and chrysler 3.3/3.8
Also I know what this mitsu 3.0 is.  Excellent, strong engine but it has quirks and I'm bit reluctant of timing belt especially V6 and they have oil leaks as seals wear out with use.  I would rather prefer 3.3 but only 4 speeds.  Sigh.

Mechanical diesel appeals to me much so but I haven't known of other 3 and 4 cylinders diesels up to 3,000 to 4,500 rpm with suitable ratings.  I so far know of this 2 cyl engine, but I don't wish to have the very old VW 1.5L and 1.7L with the "disposeable" fuel pump that costs more than grand and out of production thanks to the VW with bad power curves.

Cheers, Wizard