Started by Ronmar, February 10, 2010, 09:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronmar

Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

mkdutchman

that deep throaty rumble...........

absolutely love it
2 Metro 6/1s running off grid, charging a 48v battery bank, for primary power and CHP
3 Outback 1548 1500W inverters in a 3phase layout
1 Samlex 1500W inverter for 110AC

mobile_bob

what is it with open flywheel engine's and having a small child climbing around it while it is running?

apart from that, the engine is awesome!

bob g

AdeV

That guy has two aeroplanes in his yard, one of which is a miltary jet!! How cool is that?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

veggie

Would that flywheel fit my Changfa ? Hmmmmm  :)

veggie

quinnf

Looking at his other stuff that guy's doing, I'd say he's got the disease real bad!

Quinn

mbryner

Did you see the kid bouncing around with the vibrations?   Imaging the fuel tank he has to have somewhere if his generator is that size and he flies the military jet to work.
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

Jedon

That guy has a TON of cool stuff! Actually many tons it looks like.

XYZER

Quote from: mbryner on February 11, 2010, 08:23:51 AM
Did you see the kid bouncing around with the vibrations?  
That is resielent mounting for you....... ;D
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

Henry W

That is a nice engine. But he needs to put guards on it for the childs protection.

Is that a Mig fighter in his back yard? I noticed he had a single plane also. I know at one time the Soviet Union was selling the older Mig's with a bunch of spare parts to maintain it cheap.

Henry

vdubnut62

Dude  must have won the swedish lottery, Wow!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

AdeV

Quotewhat is it with open flywheel engine's and having a small child climbing around it while it is running?

QuoteBut he needs to put guards on it for the childs protection.

IMHO - this was nothing like as dangerous as that video of the 5yo child who was leaning over a Listeroid flywheels & generally running around the place. The child in this video appears to be quite sensible for his age - he's not larking about near the moving parts, and is seemingly just enjoying the bouncing sensation.

Being a ship's engine, I don't suppose the flywheel is anything like as heavy - in relation to the engine size - as that on a Lister(oid), and consequently that much less likely to explode. Not to mention the fact it probably wasn't cast out of mule droppings like some of the Indian flywheels seem to be.

In other words - I don't think the kid was in danger at any time during that video, NOT like the infamous one I refer to above.  Of course, off camera, he could be a complete nut job...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Henry W

Hey I just found more video's from this person.

Here they are to enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=J29FlyingBarrel#g/u

This person has lots of neat stuff.

An Amphicar http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=J29FlyingBarrel#p/u/1/GY1DCCeugnc

Lots of Radial Engines, I am not sure if the Fokker DR1 is his though.

Here is another on of the boy playing with a gas turbine engine. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=J29FlyingBarrel#p/u/27/bufG3-cguhQ

I think this boy has had lots of instruction where to be and what not to do. I think he picked up some good safety habits at a very young age.

One thing that is a concern is the boy needs to wear hearing protectors.

Henry

rcavictim

Quote from: hwew on February 11, 2010, 07:05:23 PM
That is a nice engine. But he needs to put guards on it for the childs protection.

Is that a Mig fighter in his back yard? I noticed he had a single plane also. I know at one time the Soviet Union the selling the older Mig's with a bunch of spare parts to maintain it cheap.

Henry

The Iranian Air Force would be mighty jealous!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

lowspeedlife

I could not get the jet engine video to load off that link but this one did http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=J29FlyingBarrel#p/u/27/bufG3-cguhQ

Guy's got some great stuff but the kid truly needs some "PPE"

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age