News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

CS vs CD

Started by Piston Bob, February 10, 2010, 07:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston Bob

I have a question.

What are the differences between a CS and a CD?

My understanding is that the CD has enclosed push rods.

Are there any other major differences?

There is a 7hp CD on enginads.com, it is too far and a little too far out of my price range.
http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/32650/cat/2

But if a CD  should come up closer, I am wondering if it would be an option.

vdubnut62

He's proud of that one! I don't know where you are, but try Gott's Cove Marine (metropwr.com/index.html)
They quoted $1765 delivered to a commercial dock  here in TN for a crank start 6/1.  I don't know why the website says 1200 and in an email they asked 1500, maybe they haven't updated in quite a while.
Good luck!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

oliver90owner

CS and a CD?

CD had:

Heavier duty crank main bearings ( 2 on each side).

Heavier built engine.

Wet cylinder liner.

Pressure lubricated.

Dry sump option.

Speed rating at up to 1200rpm. (CD had stroke of 4 3/8").

Clutch and reduction gears an option.

Reciprocating water pump (option).

Pretty well a different engine.

Little or no change over of parts, so all differences are major.

Regards, RAB

mike90045

Quote from: vdubnut62 on February 10, 2010, 09:13:53 PM
He's proud of that one! I don't know where you are, but try Gott's Cove Marine (metropwr.com/index.html)
They quoted $1765 delivered to a commercial dock  here in TN for a crank start 6/1.  I don't know why the website says 1200 and in an email they asked 1500, maybe they haven't updated in quite a while.
Good luck!
Ron

I've got one of Sam's metro 6/1 w Electric start, but I've not gone thru all the "de-sand" steps yet. Shipping to west coast December '09 was painfull. Only Odd Thing, I could not figure how to adjust the alternator belt tension, in an email, he told me the engine slides, not the alternator.

Piston Bob

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. :(

PB