News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Lister board merge

Started by admin, September 26, 2009, 05:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

We are proud to announce to the group that Ade has proposed that he steer his group over
to our forum's, and we have made room to accomodate him and his loyal followers.

It cannot be denied that the original lister engines have played a major role in most of our lives
in being the catylist for bringing us together.

I would like to commend Ade for the effort required to start a forum after the collapse of the listerengine. He could not have known as neither could we that duplicate efforts were underway to replace the fallen forum.

As luck would have it we got about a day head start and apparently got the lions share of the old membership,

We welcome Ade and his English friends to the microcogen forum, and hope they both he and his friends
find this a place they feel comfortable in.

We would ask that everyone do what they can to be helpful in this time of transition, and to make them feel comfortable.  There is much the original dursley boys can teach us as i am sure there will be a few things they might also take away from here that they would find useful.

There has been a few minor tweaks to the prime mover section to accomodate the original engine group,
we were able to move the other engine's content and rename it "lister, petter, blackstone..."

And yes, i took it upon myself to give the dursley boys the top slot, this might peeve a few folks here, but remember the original lister has a place in history that we should honor in some way.

It just seems like the right thing to do.

:)

admin

rcavictim

Welcome all!  Perhaps the Dursley boys can teach us North Americans how to run our diesel engines on paraffin!  ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

Welcome aboard Guys!

Gald to have you and make yourselves at home.

Henry

AdeV

'tis done, anyone who goes to www.lister-engine.com will now be directed here... I hope those who haven't already joined to so soon - as well as anyone who happens across it at a later date  :)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

mobile_bob

Very good to see you Ade

:)

bob g

AdeV

Nice to be here Bob - although I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of forums...! I reckon I'll hang out near the top of the list mostly  ;)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

diesciple

This explains my redirection just now then !!  Does that make me a Dursley boy then ?!
BTW , I was / am compig on Listerengine.com
One of the Dursley boys !!

Lister SOM owner x 2 !!
Lister A Hopper cooled
Petter A1
Onan W3S gen set

lowspeedlife

I believe it does make you a "Dursley Boy" & an envied one at that. You seem to be buying up anything made in dursley recently! Wish I was you. & welcome.

Scott r.
Old Iron For A New Age

diesciple

Quote from: lowspeedlife on September 27, 2009, 09:26:19 AM
You seem to be buying up anything made in dursley recently!

Scott r.

Dunno what you mean ?!  ;D
One of the Dursley boys !!

Lister SOM owner x 2 !!
Lister A Hopper cooled
Petter A1
Onan W3S gen set

mobile_bob

this might help with managing the number of area's on the forum
so it is not so overwhelming

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=68.0

just shrink up what you have little or no interest in?

works for me

bob g

WGB

Glad you're here!
I spent some time in the UK I loved it there!