News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Ontario man turns a bulldozer into a wind turbine

Started by rcavictim, September 26, 2009, 12:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on July 27, 2011, 09:59:58 AM
Quote from: rcavictim on July 27, 2011, 06:51:59 AM
Quote from: vdubnut62 on July 27, 2011, 06:47:47 AM
Pulsus Officium   :D

Ron

Huh?
Very loosely translated into Latin-"Blow Job".     ;D
Ron

Oh OK.  Very good.  ;D

Say is that a vertical axis wind turbine in your pants or are you just glad to see me?  :D

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

AdeV

Quote from: rcavictim on July 28, 2011, 12:19:19 AM

Say is that a vertical axis wind turbine in your pants or are you just glad to see me?  :D

Now that'd make your eyes water....
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

rcavictim

OK wise guys,

Enuff gay bantor and sexual inuendo jokes.  Time to get back to serious bidness! 

Last week I made a electric wire rope winch based portable crane jig that I can quickly attach to each of the four rotating arms and lift the airfoil blade from ground level to the installed position topside and install the bolt fasteners working all by myself!  I did a test lift and bolted one blade into place took these photos and then removed the bolts and lowered the blade back to ground level.  The lift system works like a charm.  The last photo shows false color added with my new drawing tablet to see what the blade will look like when installed.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

KeithO

HI RCA

Its not often you can use the words "audacious" and "dogged" for the same project but both are apt here.

Not to be  depressing but knowing the devil is in the details , at what percentage  of completion  do you think your at ?

As you have said , so many parts of this are major projects just by themselves.
I'd have given up at the building the ladder stage... ;D

Cheers for the pics

Keith

AKcrab

What an amazing project!

Any progress updates?

Years ago I made some airboat rudders out of almuninum ribs with sheet metal skin attached with pop rivets. Don't really have any construction tips to pass on. Those rudders were simple curves. I later repurposed the rudders into a motorcycle side car. Its as tough as hell. I wouldn't count on your blade skins flying off in a storm..

Finally, are you really building a wind generator? Or a wind-powered kill dozer?

Anyone that hasn't heard of the legendary kill dozer, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Henry W

AKcrab,
I remember the build. Unfortunately rcavictim has not been on the forum since 2018. The topic is old.The last reply was in 2011. But it was a huge undertaking from one man. And, some of us wonder what became of it.

Tom Reed

His health was not great either, I hope he's ok.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom