News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

The latest in advanced military bionic hardware from DARPA

Started by rcavictim, January 12, 2010, 12:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcavictim

The weapons of warfare are advancing and techiques are now being developed to employ small living organisms as transport carriers and even controllers of advanced stealth weapons or surveillance systems.  Here is a rundown of some of the latest 'ideas' they are working on at DARPA.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pets_war
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

BruceM

Gee, I was disappointed that laser targeting for  Hell Fire missles wasn't covered.  Cats or Dogs?   ???
This is clearly an important tactical issue!

Oatmeal's "Why I'd rather be punched in the .... than call customer service" is hilarious. Reminds me of Dell. 

rcavictim

Someone sent that  link to me and I got a small chuckle out of it.  After your reply I went back and looked at a couple more items.  Overall too juvenile and not worth one's time.  The author has a weirdly wired mind though, if that turns you on.  Still it was a good way for me to make fun of DARPA and increase my posts count at the same time.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

mike90045

no sharks with lasers ?  has that guy been in a cave all his life ?

cgwymp

That was my first thought -- "frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads"   ;-)
Listeroid 8/1